Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Module firmware update 3.3

jack.daniels

Question

Hi, happy fibaro users!

The changelog:

• Fixed inputs issue when bistable switches are used
  • Synchronization of switching in zero-cross - reducing the possibility of welded relay contacts
  • SDK updated to 6.51.07

Does enyone applied this new v3.3 update to the Signle Switch 2 loaded with toggle (bistable) switch ?

The same version for Dowble Switch 2 has issue (cant turn off the light when use switch), so better to ask here first:) Because still no support reaction on the problem and the only know workaround is to use momentary switches instead of.

Thanks forward for a feedback

19 answers to this question

Hi @karolek75 , the fgd update went well with my hcl after I did the 4.501 firmware update, but i’m also stuck with a never ending download with my hc2 running under 4.170. I suppose it’s due to the boxe firmware version, but it’s just a assumption, maybe others users will have a different feedback.

I tried. Pass the downloading state, stuck at approx 75% of updating state and that's it - stuck there and had to abort. Ended up HC2 became weird though scenes still working. This morning perform backup stuck, reboot HC2 resulted in stuck at 'starting services' screen after booting up. Had to recover entire HC2 and restore previous backup (weeks ago when 4.170 release).

I am keen to see anyone success with update before trying again. Took me almost 6 hours to recover my HC2 to useable state.

@chaicka, not cool :( I did maybe 10 tries or , but it did not cause me any issues nor strange behavior, just the dowload was stuck. As I said just before it was ok on my hcl, it has to have something related to the boxe firmware version. 

1 hour ago, chaicka said:

Took me almost 6 hours to recover my HC2 to useable state.

Was the HC slow, or did something not go as planned? My last attempt took about 1/2- 1 hour (not telling that to brag about it) and I usually tell new users (you are not one of them) to keep breathing and reserve 2 hours the first time. So 6 hours seems odd. If it was really that slow, I wonder if you have a hardware issue, like a failing (or almost failing) internal drive. That would explain your other issues as well.

My HC2 is still running on 4.120. Trying to update FGS-213 firmware it says downloading but no progress bar appears (should be there ?). More then 24 hrs and I aborted. HC2 is running with no issues since I fixed z-wave network being very busy. 

I have two FGS-213 and updated to firmware V3.3 without problems. My HC2 runs on V4.170. I use one with bistable and one with momentary switch. Both worked before and after without problems.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, petergebruers said:

Was the HC slow, or did something not go as planned? My last attempt took about 1/2- 1 hour (not telling that to brag about it) and I usually tell new users (you are not one of them) to keep breathing and reserve 2 hours the first time. So 6 hours seems odd. If it was really that slow, I wonder if you have a hardware issue, like a failing (or almost failing) internal drive. That would explain your other issues as well.

The recoveries (2 recoveries done) itself is not that slow. It is the few challenges that was slow.

• First Recovery: It was easy to trigger the recovery mode. Selected to retain z-wave devices at first prompt which was a big mistake and caused lots of problems down the road of this first recovery. First boot up to factory version which was 3.564 (or something around that), then update to 3.600. Thereafter, lots of reconfiguration process stuck and had to abort each of them manually. Unable to get into recovery mode despite several attempts. Update to 4.170 and even more headaches with all the conversions, etc happening in the background. Interrupting does not help as HC2 simply refuse to get to recovery mode despite trying so many times. Even gotten locked out with error saying credential is not valid. As well as 403 error and other problems. It was a nightmare. Not remembering what I did in the end in normal mode, that finally allowed me to get to the recovery mode and I restart the entire recovery again.
  • Second Recovery: Now it is smooth sailing and fast after selecting to wipe all z-wave devices at first prompt. One oddity is that it update from 3.564 to 3.600, then from 3.600 to 4.070, followed by from 4.070 to 4.170. Make sure to check all respective warnings and make changes to credential and other stuffs which is part of the new setup wizard along each jump. Restored from a known good backup and walah...system up and running fine again. This second attempt was rather quick, approximately 1.5 hours.

Well, I have not done a great deal of recovery. This is only the 2nd time doing it while the 1st time was with a HCL. Not complaining but it definitely is not a fun thing to have to do.

Note: I doubt there is any hardware issue. It was all related to software and the choice I made during the first recovery attempt which screwed myself big time.

13 hours ago, rappenze said:

I have two FGS-213 and updated to firmware V3.3 without problems. My HC2 runs on V4.170. I use one with bistable and one with momentary switch. Both worked before and after without problems.

Just some questions to help me gauge/set expectation when I try again.

Does the progress bar moves very slowly during update? Is there an estimation of how long each update took? More than 30mins?

Edited by chaicka

In my system the firmware update took about 10-15 minutes per device. One of the device was about 7 meter away from HC2 without walls between, the other is on a different floor and has walls between, so I guess the second device is not in direct communication with HC2. Anyway both deviced took similar time to do firmware update.

Thanks rappenze. Guess will find a time that I can spare buffering for recovery should it goes wrong again.

Upgraded FGS-213 to v 3.3 and both energy reporting and CentralSceneEvents stopped working. Anyone with same experience? 

Just an update (for those who rendered help to me). The FGS-213 module which had problem updating is now 'certified' partial faulty. Not sure if that was the reason why it never was able to complete update to firmware 3.3. After I excluded it, it had problem to be included again and only able to after many many many tries (>50 tries, started another thread on this topic itself).

On 6/18/2018 at 10:42 PM, HansW said:

Upgraded FGS-213 to v 3.3 and both energy reporting and CentralSceneEvents stopped working. Anyone with same experience? 

As the update process disclaimer stated, may need to exclude and re-include. One of the FGS-213 module which I successfully updated is working fine - energy consumption reporting works but I think less regularly.

Chaicka, indeed an exclude and re-include fixed the issue for me.  Cheers,

Hans

2 minutes ago, HansW said:

Chaicka, indeed an exclude and re-include fixed the issue for me.  Cheers,

Hans

Would you be able to help me check something?

I have been observing that firmware 3.3 does not correspond to its parameter 50 and 51. In short, when there is a 20% drop or increase, it does not immediately reports the power consumption change. Instead, it always stick to parameter 58. Is this behaviour the same for yours after re-inclusion?

i have several single and double switch 2 running with smartthings controller. smartthings hub reports firmware version 3.03. Antone know if this is same as 3.3 but just the way smartthings reports it?

2 hours ago, Jim66 said:

Antone know if this is same as 3.3

Yes, when talking about firmware 3.3 == 3.03 == 3.(0)3 because dot is not a decimal separator here.

Can someone give me info about firmware_id for 3.3 update?? Mine Single switches says it is ver 3.3 on box, but Homey can say only firmware id 1043, so not sure if it is last one or not. If not, i will need to buy HCL for 14 days return to get them updated (rly, how hard can it be, to give other manufacturers ability to update fibaro stuff, but no, we even do not tell you how the f**k we move tilt in proprietary class)

1 hour ago, bckp said:

firmware id 1043

That does not look like a firmware number, not even when you see that as (major*256 + minor). I'm sure it means something, I've seen that number 1043 before but cannot remember where.

IIRC FW is also printed on the label on the device itself (in case you are wondering if you swapped the boxes).

I am pretty certain "3.03" or "3.3" is the last one, I have not seen a newer version announced here.

The 3.3 was released last year, in feb 2018 I wrote "With 4.160 Fibaro released a FW update for FGS-2x3 aka "Switch 2" which should improve handling of inrush current (for capacitive and resistive loads, inductive loads are a no-no).". Unless you've bought old stock it should be 3.3...

Edited by petergebruers

Mine is stuck on download also. But I did have one switch update successfully. 

Sorry on the wrong version of firmware.

Edited by MattyO