Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

advantage of surveillance camera

mehdi deilamani

Question

hi,

I need to know the advantages of using IP cameras integrated in smart home system. Because I cannot find any reason to connect it to my smart home network.

most of IP cameras offer free mobile application and full service for live view, back up and so on...

in addition, it is advisable to avoid using anything unnecessary in your security system, because it will degrade your security level.

thank you.

3 answers to this question

@mehdi deilamani

- if alarm is breached, you get notification in fibaro app. In the same app, you can view camera stream.

- Change sensitivity of the motion based upon weather conditions
- Activate (certain) motion detection on certain conditions.

example 1:  if you're at home, stream the video to your nas but don't send images as e-mail

example 2 : make a scene to activate manually the camera motion detection if your at home (or only the kids are at home).

- if the doorbell rings, take pictures and send them to your prio mail adres

- if the doorbell rings, send the camera streams to your television (with addition RPI module)

- if regular outside motion detection (for example those from your outside lighting) is breached , send pictures

- if a certain outside motion detector is breached and alarm is not disabled in some time, take some pictures

- if the alarm is breached, take pictures (all camera's for a certain time, for example, take picture every 10 seconds during xxx minutes).

Enough examples :-)

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • @wpeeters

thank you for your answer, but I didn't understand some of your lines:

Is it possible to change camera's motion detection sensitivity over the Fibaro app? or make it "active" or "inactive"?

I have the same question about email notification feature.

thank you.

@mehdi deilamani,

Hi, yes it is possible. All above listed items, I all do those through the fibaro controller. The only condition is that you can change those settings of your camera with http get requests.
    Other protocols are also possible for some other brands like the push of an xml file but the http get is the most common and easiest way.

Below an example of the change of the sensitivity of my (only) foscam camera (a common brand). But my other camera's are Vivotek camera's and I do the same on those.
    It's very important, if you want to do this, that you're sure that your brand of camera will support this before you buy one and that you' re aware of some security aspects. Below string for example is not secure because you send the username and password of the camera 
    in plain text over your network. Live with it and be aware, or implement other security aspects in your network environment.

GET http://<ip address>:<port>/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setMotionDetectConfig&isEnable=1&linkage=4&snapInterval=2&sensitivity=4&triggerInterval=1&schedule0=281474976710655&schedule1=281474976710655&schedule2=281474976710655&schedule3=281474976710655&schedule4=281474976710655&schedule5=281474976710655&schedule6=281474976710655&area0=-1024&area1=-1024&area2=-784&area3=-778&area4=-1&area5=-30&area6=-31&area7=-63&area8=-64&area9=-64&usr=xxxxxxxx&pwd=xxxxxxxx HTTP/1.10x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A