Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Tutorial] Z-wave diagnostics with PC Controller and Zniffer

tinman

1 hour ago, Moucha said:

it's probably a mistake but I wanted each apartment to have its own unit, later I merged them for easier operation. It's probably not good, but the idea that I'm redoing it - ufffff :( (

I wouldn't know for sure if it's a mistake. If your system works / is stable then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Potentially silly question, node id 59 - do you need to measure the motion as often as you do? if not, i'd consider reducing motion reporting to reduce traffic.

Otherwise, you really need to watch the zniffer for a while and see if anything else comes up... "anything" meaning recurring frames from the same device in a short time frame.

Good day
thanks again for the reply :))
are you right that I don't need to report so often for 59, will I limit it to SI in parameter 150,151 ?, Thank you very much

I can't answer that question for you. It depends on what you are using the motion sensor for.

Where I have multi sensors I usually disable the sensors I do not use, for example where I am using a fibaro motion sensor for temperature only I disable motion, lux etc so minimise on traffic and extend the battery life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a problem when i click read in NVR tab, my zusb disappear to list of com port and after 30 seconds i have a errore message

any idea?

i try another usb port, same result

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_05/Cattura.PNG.23d8dacb4bc99a7eecba49a353278e94.PNG" />

• 3 months later...

How do you get the "sniffer_ZW050x_USBVCP.hex" file. I have looked all over the site referenced in the post but cant find the firmware. I have downloaded all the SDK files, yet nothing.

Can anyone help point me to the right location? Could the link have been removed?

On 11/17/2019 at 3:06 PM, petergebruers said:

Zniffer

Please login or register to see this link.

16 hours ago, petergebruers said:

I get this even though I am logged in

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. For more information, see 

If you get "access denied" on Silabs download links... You probably did not yet download any of the Z-Wave SDKs and accept the license. I did that many years ago so I cannot test that (I already have access and I do not know how to revoke it.)

IMHO this should work though:

On 11/17/2019 at 3:06 PM, petergebruers said:

Seems you need to download and accept:

"Z/IP Gateway Software Development Kit", this is

Then as I said:

Register an account
Download Simplicity studio
Run it and select you want to de Z-Wave development and want Z-Wave SDK
You'll notice "request access" along the way.

In Studio there is a tools button, hidden under that is newest Zniffer and PC program.

The Zniffer firmware is in the older version of Zniffer, as @tinman already posted:

Zniffer

Programmer

Originally I could not find the link to the Zniffer download @petergebruers posted the link, which worked. Prior to downloading the link I had registered and downloaded the SDK, programmer and Controller. I installed the programmer and controller, and the USB driver.

It all worked for me and I was new to this whole Zniffer thing.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Believe I have seen a script somewhere to list all node ID's (and possibly device ID's?)

1 hour ago, tortho said:

Believe I have seen a script somewhere to list all node ID's (and possibly device ID's?)

local wtf = {
    88, 127, 19
}

for _, nodeId in pairs(wtf) do
    local ids = fibaro.getDevicesID({properties = {nodeId = nodeId}})
    for k, v in pairs(ids) do
        print(nodeId, "=>", v, "[" .. fibaro.getName(v) .. "] in " .. fibaro.getRoomNameByDeviceID(v))
    end
end

On 12/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, 10der said:

local wtf = {
    88, 127, 19
}

for _, nodeId in pairs(wtf) do
    local ids = fibaro.getDevicesID({properties = {nodeId = nodeId}})
    for k, v in pairs(ids) do
        print(nodeId, "=>", v, "[" .. fibaro.getName(v) .. "] in " .. fibaro.getRoomNameByDeviceID(v))
    end
end

Thank you 10der, that was almost what I have seen somewhere before.. 

I want to get the full list to be able to see which device makes "the most noise" with Zniffer. (Now I just have a bunch og src and dst id's..

3 minutes ago, tortho said:

I want to get the full list to be able to see which device makes "the most noise" with Zniffer.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, petergebruers said:

Thank you very much Peter,

that was the one :-)

I have trouble getting access to the Z-wave Programmer.

1. I have installed Simplicity Studio 5 and have PC Controller working.

2. I want to flash new firmware to UZB Stick so I can get the sniffer working (fault finding). 

I go to https://www.silabs.com/developers/z-wave-500-series# and select Download on PC Programmer.

Here i get a fault message: "Please download either a Controller SDK or Embedded SDK before downloading Z-Wave tools. Contact support if any queries."

3. I download Simplicity Studio 4 - have PC Controller working check all the accept boxes etc.
   Still the same error message. I've created a support ticket with SiLabs but they don't seem to be very eager to help.

Is it possible for somebody to download the Z-wave PC Programmer for me and send it to me?

Hope somebody can help as I just bought two sticks for this.

Best Regards,

Jesper

22 minutes ago, JEHARA said:

I have trouble getting access to the Z-wave Programmer.

1. I have installed Simplicity Studio 5 and have PC Controller working.

2. I want to flash new firmware to UZB Stick so I can get the sniffer working (fault finding). 

I go to https://www.silabs.com/developers/z-wave-500-series# and select Download on PC Programmer.

Here i get a fault message: "Please download either a Controller SDK or Embedded SDK before downloading Z-Wave tools. Contact support if any queries."

3. I download Simplicity Studio 4 - have PC Controller working check all the accept boxes etc.
   Still the same error message. I've created a support ticket with SiLabs but they don't seem to be very eager to help.

Is it possible for somebody to download the Z-wave PC Programmer for me and send it to me?

Hope somebody can help as I just bought two sticks for this.

Best Regards,

Jesper

i have the same problem 

3 hours ago, ChristianSogaard said:

i have the same problem 

I don't know if i Violate some rules by posting this.

I managed to get the file from another user on the forum. 

Edit: I've also attached the Old Z-wave sniffer package as well, as the new one that can be installed from Simplicity Studio doesn't include firmware files. Once @Twannie has come to the rescue. Much appreciated!

Edited by JEHARA
Uploaded Z-Wave Zniffer
  • Like 2