Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Tutorial] Z-wave development

tinman

Thank you for reporting back, glad you've found a workaround. I see, you did not tell us you already tried 10 times, I admire your tenacity. BTW I followed this procedure on windows 8.5 or maybe 10 when it was first posted, then ran it on Windows 10 without issues. That does not mean it would still work if I tried a fresh install now... Windows 10 has been updated a few times since then... In Januari 2019 I removed the Keil compiler because I needed the disk space. So obviously I haven't used it since then :) - I was planning on moving to series 700 but if I find the time I may re-install the compiler and see what happens.

@AdvancedNewbie

1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

if I find the time I may re-install the compiler and see what happens.

I did that and mk.bat runs fine, it builds the project and the binary image, on windows 10. No problems at all.

I have been thinking, you've mentioned "virtual machine" and talked about shell and mingw on your host system. So your Windows 7 guest system is a fresh install and very clean... Maybe it is something on your W 10 host? I did have mingw on my system for a while but I have removed all traces from my system and also checked PATH  and environment variables. You have probably thought of that but maybe you have missed something that might interfere?

@petergebruers

Thanks for the help and the confirmation for Windows 10.  I think I'll look into 'moving up' the environment variables to see if I can give them a higher priority and try again.  I'll keep you posted!

Cheers.

Update:  Just tried removing the ANDROID_HOME and WINAVR system variables I had defined in my Windows 10 System Variables and it worked.  Since I don't really need them at the moment, this is okay!  I could also add those to the user variables section as the priority is Sys Vars then User Vars (which may work).  But glad I did the Win 7 test - this confirmed the methodology.  Thanks again @petergebruers

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Sup guys, i just try z-wave develop for 1 month
i have some problem about how to include and exclude my device from the network

i have a z-stick and simplicity studio,

but i cant find my device 

and another is, i dont understand the code in keil project, which is onoffswitch 

can u guys help me

sorry, my english is not good at all