Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Crashes / Rebootings

northyorks

Question

My Intercom occasionally fails to ring.... I think this is due to crashing and needs rebooting. What could be causing this? 

Today I had a call and when I went to answer it it came up with 'rebooting' - see pic - was stuck rebooting for a minute or so. Why is this doing this? Is there a firmware update coming Fibaro?????

Please login or register to see this attachment.

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, A.Smolinski said:

Hi @northyorks ,

Is the problem still present?

So it has not crashed for a while now but crashes of the actual intercom do occasionally happen where button presses go through to HC2 but intercom does not ring or flash or notify iPhone. Needs restart to fix.

I think it may be a firmware issue of the actual device...

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

How is it connected to your HC?

It’s connected via Ethernet. Connected via HC2 via plugin. HC2 always gets notified even if intercom stops flashing / making ringing tune when button pressed and under ‘crash conditions’ and stops sending notifications itself.

I've sent you further instructions in a private message. You'd have to contact our support, I'm afraid.

I replied to the email I received, it was rejected by the server.
    I am already in a position to receive support.

1 hour ago, A.Smolinski said:

@GreenUser  I've sent you the instructions via private message as well.

replied to the email I received, it was rejected by the server.
    I am already in a position to receive support.

hey guys,

are these "secret" instructions fixing the reboot issue or the issue that the app doesn't get the notfication about the call?

If it's about the app not receiving the call, then like 100% of intercom users are affected and it would be nice to share if there is a solution :unsure:

BR - kro

These are instructions on what steps to take before contacting our support so that the case may be resolved in one session. ;) Nothing secret, it's even on youtube.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

2 hours ago, A.Smolinski said:

Estas são instruções sobre quais etapas devem ser tomadas antes de entrar em contato com nosso suporte para que o caso possa ser resolvido em uma sessão. ;)Nada secreto, é mesmo no youtube.

The support does nothing, these instructions are not necessary because the support simply asked if it had the latest versions, concretely to IOS 1.0.2.

The support response was that it would move to development. For me it's the same as saying "let's do nothing"

Conclusion:
    The intercom is beautiful; the camera has a good image; I can open the gates with code or through HC2; I can integrate it into my CCTV recorder. But the essential, the basics that an intercom should do does not properly: that would be answering calls.

It looks like a top-of-the-range smartphone with millions of functionality, but other than the basic and essential function it would make and receive calls, it does not work.

2 hours ago, kroeatschge said:

hey guys,

are these "secret" instructions fixing the reboot issue or the issue that the app doesn't get the notfication about the call?

If it's about the app not receiving the call, then like 100% of intercom users are affected and it would be nice to share if there is a solution :unsure:

BR - kro

There are no secret answers or solutions. The support does nothing.
    Instructions would be required for support accessing the HC2.
    Support simply asked if it had the latest versions, specifically the IOS 1.0.2 app.