Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Request] Sound alarm/trigger a notification if motion sensor detect action more than 1 min

FSE

Question

Hi all,

I try to build a smart alarm system. I installed on entrance on a apartment a motion sensor. People sometimes pass outside apartment that can cause a false alarm. I like to ask from experts if you can build a basic sence that can count 1 minute after the first trigger and if there is activity/motion to sound alarm.

As it is common burglars for security doors need from 30 sec to 5 min to open this kind of doors, in my opinion if someone will stay outside to my door, will not do that for a good reason.

I believe that fibaro can give the flexibility that no other alarm system can provide.

2 answers to this question

@korniza I have similar solution but for monitoring fibaro door sensor, below is the code.

Please login or register to see this code.

For alert you can do whatever you like, I just do a pushOver message and a TTS message send to my andriod+bluetooth speaker at home. Main function is fibaro:getModificationTime().

Difference is someone needs to keep moving (keep motion sensor value = 1), while door sensor doesn't have such requirement..

Edited by Sirhideo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sirhideo said:

local doorStatus = fibaro:getValue(doorSensorId, "value")

fibaro:debug('door status is ' .. doorStatus)

while doorStatus == "1" do

local lastMod = fibaro:getModificationTime(doorSensorId, 'value')

eq

Please login or register to see this code.