Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heatit Controller Firmware 1.8

Cucullatus

Question

Hi there,

Using the Heatit Controller running v1.8 firmware I notice three errors with Fibaro HC2 v4.80 firmware release:

1. The device template is incorrect for the Heatit Controller on v1.8 firmware.  For Parameter 2 there should be 7 options not 6 that are currently listed.

The option 7 should be for "A2F" mode. This can be confirmed in the manual for the device on the Heatit website.  Can the template be updated?  Attached are screenshots for reference.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2. I understand that the Heatit Controller can run in securemode as it has the Z-wave 500 plus chip.  However when pairing the device with the option "Add in security mode if device supports it" appears not to work as the resulting listed device does not have the "pad lock" like a device such as the Fibaro Dimmer 2 does.  Can this be addressed? Attached screenshot for reference.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_04/5ae1aa4cc5031_HeatitControllermissingsecuritypaddlock.png.111d51242f596c9ac18ee07292b94ea8.png" width="549" />

3. After pairing the Heatit controller to the Fibaro HC2 you have two thermostats listed.  The only difference between the two is that one contains the "off" function.

Can these not be combined? What is the reason the Fibaro HC2 v4.80 generates two devices?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Edited by Cucullatus
  • Like 1

9 answers to this question

Hi @Cucullatus,

1. Heatit template was designed when newest fw version was 1.4 or 1.5. So, it's old and that is why there is missing A2F mode.
  2. Unfortunatelly i do not have answer for this, since i have never tested Heatit in secure mode.
  3. Well, it's not that simple.
    • 1st thermostat is setpoint (desired temperature setting) for specified mode (below temperature setting).
    • 2nd is mode settings. You can put there another mode without setting temperature.
    • 3rd temperature sensor. I guess after you inluded Heatit, it is set in A mode. Choose different mode, because Heatit does not send temperature measured by internal sensor on this version. After that, you need to make soft reconfiguration, for getting measured temperature. In A mode measured temperature is coppied from setpoint setting to send to Z-Wave controller.

Regards,

Jakub

• Like 2

@Cucullatus :

1. Template was created with older version of the device. If you happen to have the new version of the template, we'd be more than happy if you send it to our Support.

2. How far away from the gateway was the device when you tried to include it? Note that it has to be as close as possible (preferably within 1m).

3. These are endpoints of the device - they should be describe in the manual. You can also check the endpoints when you go to settings of the device (the tree with devices). If you do need some of them, you can hide them in the system.

Hello @T.Konopka,

I think that regarding parameters adding one mode should be minor change in already existing template. I think there is just minor change in parameters, except parameter mode. Unfortunatelly, i do not have template of my own regarding this version thermostat.

Slight OT (sorry for that): However, there is major upgrade regarding version 1.92 of Heatit thermostat and possibly Heatit Z-TRM2. Template was sent some times ago and case number is #118093.

@Cucullatus, you could always turn off template for thermostat and change that parameter according your needs. Mode A2F, should be under value 6 (counting from 0). Do not change any other setting in parameter 2, except value.

Regards,

Jakub

PS: @T.Konopka, can you move this topic to Third party devices? This one does not concern 4.180, since "issue" with missing mode template does exist on lower versions.

Edited by jakub.jezek
Adressing, that this is in wrong section.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

@jakub.jezek , done.

I will check the case, I am sure that it has been added to the already huge list of templates to add. I'll see what can be done about it.

@Cucullatus , exactly. You can turn off the template in advanced settings of the device and declare parameters accordingly to the manual.

• Inquirer
  • @jakub.jezek, @T.Konopka - Thank you both your replies, all very helpful and very much appreciated!

Regarding the "secure mode" for the device, in the coming days I will pair the device again and let you know how I get on.

@T.Konopka - Do you need anything for me for the template for the Heatit Contoller v1.8?  I see that i can extract an XML file, is that what you need?

@Cucullatus , yes, you can extract the XML file and send it to our Support :)

Note that creating templates takes time and most probably you will be asked for patience until we introduce the template ;)

Guest Eriond
    On 4/26/2018 at 3:21 PM, T.Konopka said:

2. How far away from the gateway was the device when you tried to include it? Note that it has to be as close as possible (preferably within 1m).

This will not be so easy to achieve, since the thermostat is a fixed wall mounted device. Maybe one could move the HC2 closer, but then I don't have a network outlet close enough nor a patch cable long enough...

I have tried to set the checkbox for "Device is located far from the Home Center", but that doesn't help. I still get an error msg in HC2 as well as on the device itself.

• Inquirer
  • Hi All,

Although this is an old thread I was wondering if there was any update regarding the template for the  Heat-it device?

I moved to an HC3 and recently updated to 5.090 and moved to the Z-Wave v3 platform.

Unfortunately the Heatit Controller still does not have all 7 options on Parameter 2 and does not register in security mode S0.

Although there is the workaround for the parameter, it would be great if the security mode issue can be resolved?

Anyway that this could be escalated for a fix?

Many thanks!