Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

IP Camera in privacy mode

Morpheus22

Question

Hi

Im trying to find a solution where i can turn on and off the feed from ip cameras into the fibaro interface. I would like the cameras to feed only when the alarm is on. We use the cameras for checking the house if the alarm goes of, but my wife somewhat worried about someone gaining access to the fibaro system would also gain access to the cameras when we are home.

There is no such option in the camera settings. Im thinking if it would be possible to define the IP adress of the camera as a fibaro global variable, i could just change the ip to a dummy ip when i want to turn it off. Anyone have a solution for that.

3 answers to this question

Here is an example to change IP of a camera plugin within a VD.

(Use this in a button within a VD to change IP adress)

*Wrong code, replaced post with updated code that works, but i also made a VD that needs no code change, check that below.

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by speedy

On 5/3/2018 at 3:20 PM, Morpheus22 said:

Ill try that tanks a lot

Hi again, i got to testing the code and its not correct so i made this VD that works.

It sets the camera plugin IP to 127.0.0.1 when its off, (but you can change it as you like)

If someone hacks your network you can alway access you cameras with their real IP, this just prohibits Fibaro from seeing them.

And if someone gets access to your Fibaro system, they can also control this VD and turn the cameras ON, so maybe its not a proper solution.

You can also set up router firewall solution so that only Fibaro has access to the cameras and then block the cameras from internet access.

And if you camera supports CGI commands then you could change their settings with Fibaro (but than again, Fibaro can turn them on)

Only real solution is to cut the power with a physical switch (not connected to anything) if you want to be 100% sure that they never get used when you are home. (but thats just me being over paranoid perhaps :-))

Settings of VD: (No need to change LUA code in the VD, unless you want something specific that is)

IP = IP of the camera you want to control

PORT= ID of the camera plugin you want to control

Attached is the VD. 

The VD:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Let me know if it works for you!

758367821_VDimage.png.8004abf04332b37cd28df38a628b3bc0.png

Settings.png.6adee5f49844a2d350664ce78b36272f.png

Edited by speedy