Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 Module question

KrisAU

Question

Hi All

I jumped the gun a little on my purchases into the ZWave realm and bought two of the Dimmer 2 Modules.

I am using Clipsal Saturn Zen switch mechanisms and dont want to have a rotary or on wall dimming control. Rather I just want on/off switching in the wall but dimming control in my Home Automation system.

The light fixtures support 0-10Volt Dimming. Am I right in saying I can use these modules to dim my light fixtures? They are all LED

Regards

Kris

5 answers to this question

The Dimmer 2

Please login or register to see this link.

writes:

As a dimmer it operates under the following loads:

• 230V operated conventional incandescent and halogen light sources
  • 12V operated ELV halogen lamps and dimmable LED bulbs (with electronic transformers)
  • 12V operated MLV halogen lamps (with ferromagnetic transformers)
  • dimmable LED bulbs
  • dimmable compact fluorescent CFL tube lamps
  • supported dimmable light sources (power factor > 0.5) with minimal power of 5VA using FIBARO Bypass 2 (depending on the type of load)

FIBARO Dimmer 2 supports only compact fluorescent tube lamps and fluorescent tube lamps with electronic ballast. Do not connect other types of fluorescent lamps!

• Inquirer
  • Hi All

I have a strange issue with the Fibaro DImmer FGD 212

My clipsal saturn zen mechanism (momentary) has a small LED which turns on when the load is on. I have noticied in some cases no matter what I do, I cannot turn the light off. It refuses after attempting EVERYTHING. So I disconnected S1 and all of  sudden, the light turns off.

Is this because there may be a small load on the switch? I find this odd. The setup is using 2 wire only.

I have other fibaro dimmers with the same switch mechanisms but they work just fine.

Any thoughts?

I'm advising here on the assumption that you hold a current electrical licence.. If not, I implore you to refrain from attempting this without the services of a qualified professional 

It sounds like you have voltage constantly applied to S1, which needs to release entirely for the dimmer to recognise the input..

The wiring tails from the Zen Led indicator should be connected to Neutral on one side and the Output of the dimmer on the other to follow the state of the load.

S1 should connect to terminal 1 on the switch mechanism, there should be no other connections on either of these terminals (unless it is 2-way or more)

The "C" terminal on the mech is not fed from the circuit breaker like it would be conventionally, it is fed from "SX". Your "feed" should go into "L" only. 

Also ensure you are in fact using the momentary mechanism (product code 60PBBP), the latching variant (60PB) looks identical

• Inquirer
  • Thanks johnny, a sparky wired this up. Ill give him this info anyway and check it all. Ive put a toggle on for the moment and its working fine again. Suspect its the LED wiring thats causing the issue.

Guest fat

I use Clipsal Saturn with bell press LED switches  and found it better to have the LED on all the time. It’s a handy feature to help find the switches at night especially for guests who stay