Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

why motion sensor changed to breached every hours???

Anatolyy86

Question

Hi any one know why the motion sensor FGMS-001 changed alone to breached mode?

its turn on the light in my scenes.

i'm added a picture...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

18 answers to this question

Hi @Anatolyy86 ,

I need more information.

Did it work properly before that or is this a new scene?

Is it pointed towards and AC or something like that?

• Inquirer
  • 11 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

Hi @Anatolyy86 ,

I need more information.

Did it work properly before that or is this a new scene?

Is it pointed towards and AC or something like that?

i'm a new user with home center 2.

all new.

what more info you need?

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

And what about any sources of hot or cold air that might be triggering the MS?

i dont have any more scense with sensor.

I mean physically, in the room, are ther any other devices that might be turned on every hour and trigger the motion sensor?

• Inquirer
  • 30 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

I mean physically, in the room, are ther any other devices that might be turned on every hour and trigger the motion sensor?

no i don't have 

Try restoring the factory settings and perform a test, cover it with something or block its view and see if the problem would still occur.

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, A.Smolinski said:

Try restoring the factory settings and perform a test, cover it with something or block its view and see if the problem would still occur.

i'm try to do you write me and same think .

maybe it's "wake up interval"  changed to breached ?

if yes, how to change it or what do for it's don't send to light turn on in this time?

Hi @Anatolyy86,

I have nearly 20 motion sensors.

Some of them I wanted to be more sensitive, so like I you I lowered parameter 1 from default 15 value.

It is just a matter of time to start experience false breaches if set less than 15 ... Even with 12,13,14 I had problems, and you set it as low as 8.

Funny, some of sensors, set Param1 to 12, in hallways (no windows, no heating) keep breaching right after they resume to safe. And this behavior continues with hours, before resume to normal.

And there is no exception. Sooner or later false breaches comes.

I guess it is some FW or hardware problem of Fibaro's Sensor.

Hope other users can confirm such behavior and probably Fibaro can take care of it, eventually ...

@A.Smolinski what your internal tests show, does setting Parameter 1 to lower values can lead to such false breaches over time?

Or, most probably not tested enough.

HI @chapa ,

Setting the parameter to such low value results in the MS being able to detect even the smallest movement so the reason behind those "false" breaches might be that you're underestimating it. ;)

@Anatolyy86 ,

I'm not quite sure what the first part of your post means. Could you rephrase that?

• Inquirer
  • 5 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

HI @chapa ,

Setting the parameter to such low value results in the MS being able to detect even the smallest movement so the reason behind those "false" breaches might be that you're underestimating it. ;)

@Anatolyy86 ,

I'm not quite sure what the first part of your post means. Could you rephrase that?

I found the problem in parameter 1 I set the parameter 1 too low, after I changed it to higher it works right.

thank you for helped me.

30 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

HI @chapa ,

@Anatolyy86 ,

Setting to 12, should not produce false breaches, as in my case.

And it is not commonly, but when happen, it may keep breaching for hours without any obvious reason.

I believe it is a problem in MS itself, but not in the environment.

Correct, it shouldn't, and there's a very high chance that they are not false.

Trust me, there were cases when our MS detected a slight movement of a window curtain etc. But it's easy to check this.

Cover up your MS so that you're 100% certain that it won't be triggered in any way and see if those breaches still occur.

11 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

Trust me, there were cases when our MS detected a slight movement of a window curtain etc.

An interesting heat source is a high powered incandescent lamp, typically those old halogen lamps, especially when it is controlled by that motion sensor. You can make an oscillator like that. Someone on this forum actually did (and... no... it was not me this time). ;-)

@A.Smolinski,

ok, I will setup again MS to 12 and do what you asked and test instead of you.

If following did not make you consider it is clearly not supposed action from MS.

I had this problem on random, most noticeable during the night, keeping two Hallway and Stairs lights on.

It is three hallways, three floor stairs, no radiators, no heating, no movement, no windows ... nothing.

Nothing which should keep MS breached two hours along ...

I set them up for 30 seconds being in breached state, before they report safe.

Most obvious problem observed is:

1. MS report being breached

2. In 30 second period, it seems it did not detect further motion and report safe right after 30 seconds

3. On 30 second, just after reporting safe, it takes 1, up to 2 seconds after that they breach again

4. Waiting 30 seconds again, no breach meantime, report safe, and again after 1-2 second something breaching them again

5. Repeat above for 2 hours

28 minutes ago, A.Smolinski said:

Trust me, there were cases when our MS detected a slight movement of a window curtain etc

I trust you, but trust me, I automated nothing on exactly 30 seconds, which can keep your MS breaching just after reporting safe.

And believe me also, when lowered Param1, it may not catch me on time moving ahead to sensor, but it keeps breaching on random without obvious reason, as I said, no windows, curtains, moving objects, lights on/off, hot mass moving around ...

And just to add:

1.One year after, I changed 3 or 4 MS batteries. Meantime I did not got single battery warning. When MS went death because of the battery, its status was at least 50% shown in Web.

2. It was two times, MS disappeared as a device from HC2. Needed to change battery, do exclude/include and setting up the MS again.

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge it is a matter of time to start experience false breaches if set less than 15 .Some of sensors, set Param1 to 12, in hallways keep breaching right after they resume to safe. And this behavior continues with hours, before resume to normal.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by CaleKee