Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Using relay switch as roller shutter module

lulu99

Question

Hi.

I have some double relay switches using them to open and close my velux roller shutters. Within the options of the relay switch I can select a lot of modules, like light, coffeemaker, toaster,tv, radio and so on. Why isn't it possible to select it as roller shutter? Is that possible in a special way?

Also, I built a virtual device to control the relay switches. Also not possible to put them into the modul group of roller shutters, right?

What I want is that I have them also within the group of my other roller shutters where I use the fibaro roller shutter switch.

Is there any way to get them into that group so when I select my roller shutter menu within Fibaro I can also see these velux roller shutters connected via the relay switches?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Regards lulu

8 answers to this question

I've just received my Velux KLF200 to control three Velux windows with electric blinds. I'm planning to use Fibaro relays to activate the programs I've created on the Velux interface, which will definitely do what I want it to do.

I'm not a particularly good programmer, but am convinced there's a way to bypass having to use the fibaro relays and send code directly from the Fibaro HC2 to the Velux KLF200 module. The KLF200 module has an IP address on my home network and I've seen elsewhere that you can send instructions to the KLF200 (see below link for instance).

Please login or register to see this link.

If anyone figures out how to directly communicate between the Fibaro HC2 and the KLF200, I'd be very interested to find out more, or even be pointed in the right direction! 

It would be great if someone could create a Velux KLF200 Fibaro plugin!

As it happens I also have a couple of custom made Somfy controlled blinds for triangular Apex windows. The control box (transformer with RTS control) was so big that I looked for an alternative solution that I could control with my fibaro system. I ended up using a much smaller Somfy transformer, a fibaro 2x1.5kw relay and a couple of electro-mechanical relays to create the logic to reverse the polarity to the two wire 24v Somfy motors. It works perfectly and my builder says he'll be able to hide it away in a cavity.

Hi @lulu99,

First of all: there is a problem that Velux (and Somfy and others) user their own Io protocol which is not compatible with 'our' Z-Wave protocol.

They also stated that they are not willing to change that, :(

I have 3 Velux roof windows controlled by Fibaro. Through Fibaro I can open and close them; and I can see their status.

The Fibaro switch is assigned as a 'Other' and is connected through a Velux interface (KLF 100). That's not the best (and cheapest) way, I experienced.

Next to that I used some UBS Sensors to detect if my windows are open or not.

With this solution you can assign them to the wanted room and give them the wanted icon(s). See my attached screenshot.

Not a perfect solution but very reasonable and workable!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Hi.

Thanks for your info. Mine is working like yours, but what I additionaly want is that I can see them within of the fibaro group for roller shutters. Why can we put the relay switches in a lot of categories but not within the roller shutters group (see picture)?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_05/image.png.fd3c82c4ebce7319d92d3d049359f959.png" alt="image.png.fd3c82c4ebce7319d92d3d049359f959.png" />

Presently I also have them within "others".

Presently I use a KLF 050 for a group of Velux roller shutters. But now I ordered a KLF 200. That is one of the cheapest solutions if you have more then 2 Velux windows/roller shutters. You can connect 5 seperate windows/roller shutters or mix it with groups of Velux windows or roller shutters. 

How do you use the UBS sensors to detect if a window is open or close? Is the detection also working if you don't use Fibaro to open/close (using for example the Velux remote control)?

Regards lulu

On 5/9/2018 at 12:01 AM, lulu99 said:

But now I ordered a KLF 200

Is this unit Z-wave compatible? If not, how do you use this unit with Fibaro Home Center?

I tried to connect Fibaro roller shutter 2 to control Velux roof window - but it doesnt work.
    Do I need KLF interface? Can someone share a diagram of the connection with the KLF 50? Can some one share the roof windows icons for HC2?

On 5/8/2018 at 11:28 PM, TRicky said:

Hi @lulu99,

First of all: there is a problem that Velux (and Somfy and others) user their own Io protocol which is not compatible with 'our' Z-Wave protocol.

They also stated that they are not willing to change that, :(

I have 3 Velux roof windows controlled by Fibaro. Through Fibaro I can open and close them; and I can see their status.

The Fibaro switch is assigned as a 'Other' and is connected through a Velux interface (KLF 100). That's not the best (and cheapest) way, I experienced.

Next to that I used some UBS Sensors to detect if my windows are open or not.

With this solution you can assign them to the wanted room and give them the wanted icon(s). See my attached screenshot.

Not a perfect solution but very reasonable and workable!

Hi, do you want to share your nice Velux icons ?

Hi @ReidarMathisen,

Here are the Velux icons for you.

Have fun with them.

BR,

Rick