Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 1 with no load (dummy) controlling another remote dimmer 1

Mosskit

Question

Hello All,

I am considering to add a dimmer  to a place in my apartment (lets call it Stair_Dimmer2) where it supposed to work as a stair switch, so I am  able to switch off my Hall light (lets call it Hall_Dimmer1). Unfortunately, I do not have a wire in between to use it as per manual recommendation. I thought, it would be somehow possible to just put a dummy load (bypass) to a Stair_Dimmer2 and build association from both ends between them so I could turn on/off the same light from both ends of my apartment. My questions are:

1. Will that solution work?
2. Is minimal load required or can leave dimmer outputs empty (I believe it will not work without any load)?

3. Will I be able to properly dimm the light from Stair_dimmer2 with that solution using association?

4. What are other solutions to provide a stair switch solution without a wire in between with a remote dimm capability?

For your information. Both dimmers are older one - firmware 2.2 (Dimmer 1 is the dev type I believe - without energy measure) - see screenshots.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_05/image.png.65c37bc98217a4131587e5cc45d9dafe.png" alt="image.png.65c37bc98217a4131587e5cc45d9dafe.png" />

image.png.8b4b4a58fc29d6d230f1a9c0ade28455.png

3 answers to this question

Hi, i'm facing the same question. I like to use a "Dimmer 2" to control another dimmer or switch via associations.

Doesn't work without an Bulb connected to that "dimmer 2"  :-(

The Dimmer-LED glows red aslong as no light is connected to the output. With a lamp connected, association to two other dimmers (even parallel) work fine.

Didi you find a solution?

Hi Mosskit,

i think i've found the solution:

Going to try that tomorrow  :-)

• Inquirer
  • On 6/3/2018 at 11:20 PM, Basti said:

Hi, i'm facing the same question. I like to use a "Dimmer 2" to control another dimmer or switch via associations.

Doesn't work without an Bulb connected to that "dimmer 2"  :-(

The Dimmer-LED glows red aslong as no light is connected to the output. With a lamp connected, association to two other dimmers (even parallel) work fine.

Didi you find a solution?

Hi Mosskit,

i think i've found the solution:

Going to try that tomorrow  :-)

Hi, have you tried it? It seems that bypass would do the job, otherwise Relay Switch should be enough instead.