Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unable to Reset Double Switch 2

jonathanlee111

Question

I'm trying to hook up my Double Switches to a new controller and tried to do a hard reset using the B button. After following the instructions on the manual where I activate the reset at the yellow light, nothing happens. I dont see any flashing yellow that I'm expected to see.

Has anyone encountered this before? Anyone know how to resolve this?

I didnt encounter any issues resetting my Dimmer 2 modules, they all were reset smoothly...

Edited by jonathanlee111

10 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the tip... 

Some background.. I'm moving out of Vera to Homey... So I followed your advice, managed to remove 1 Double Switch from Vera and add to Homey, but other Double Switches can't seem to be removed from Vera, which is frustrating. Will continue to try the rest of the Double Switches.

I did not make myself clear, sorry. I meant that you should remove it from the new HC and then add it back again. In that order, without removing it form the older one.

First remove it from the new HC and then add it. I know it sounds a bit confusing, but trust me.

I have the same issue. During inclusion the process stalled. Now the Double Switch 2 thinks it is included (green LED at power up) but it is not visible in my controller (Zwave.me).

When trying to reset, I press and hold the B button until the LED turns yellow. Then I release and press/release the B button, but nothing happens. Next power up the LED is green again. How can I force a reset?

Edited by Piet B

anyone sort this out?

@T.Konopka i tried to remove it but it says it cant do it and it can only be done in learning mode but that wont remove it either.. it just wont respond either by turning switch off and on a few times or using the button on the switch

same problem.... any help?

EDIT: got it! triple click with switch helps! then you're able to run factory restore procedure

Edited by tomczu

On 1/31/2019 at 12:20 AM, tomczu said:

same problem.... any help?

EDIT: got it! triple click with switch helps! then you're able to run factory restore procedure

Hi @tomczu,

Also I couldnt reset it please could you explain how did you reset it. 

thanks,

first, press switch 1 three times quickly

then, if it's not beeing added use B-button and menu to restore factory defaults (the procedure is described in user manual)