Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Led strip won't turn on after wall switch is turned on

tolick

Question

Hello. 

When I turn ON wall switch, that power transformator where fibaro rgbw controller and led strip is connected, the LED strip won't turn on until I'll not open fibaro mobile application and will click OFF and then ON to that rgbw module.

What I should change to have led strip turned on at last color it was when I turned wall switch off?

Thank you.

• Inquirer
  • @RH_Dreambox, mine are connected the same way and won't turn on. dead note may appear next day if it was off during night but not on all of them. the problem is that it won't turn led strip on even if i turn it on 10 seconds after it was turned off...

Tolick, you do not have to repeat your question time after time. I have understood the problem and also gave you answers on how to do.

You can turn off the LED transformer, but then you need to have another power supply for your RGBW module!

An RGBW module without power supply is a dead device in your Z-wawe system.

That device can be rewaken after a short interrupt, but if the interrupt is longer the controller stops "talking" to the dead device.

• Inquirer
  • @RH_Dreambox, mine are connected the same way, only i have switch for 230V before 12/24vdc adapter.

RGBW led doesn't turn on even if i turn it off from wall switch for 10 seconds only. i have all the time to open application to click off/on and then it starts..

So, if i turn off power from transformer there is no solution?
    Well, disconnect your RGBW device and turn on the LED list with your power switch without using Z-Wawe. You can not adjust the colors, but you turn off the transformer, just as you want it.

Why should a transformer be powered all the time when it is used sometimes maybe 1-2 hours a week ... really fibaro rgbw can work only when it is powered all the time?

I have not found any Z-Wawe device that works without a voltage source. If technology in the future allows, maybe your system will work one day in the future.

So Tolick, please accept that it does not work if you turn off the RGBW module voltage source.

Edited by RH_Dreambox

• Inquirer
  • How can Fibaro RGBW module be always active if it is connected after power transformer, but wall switch turn on/off 220v that goes to power transformer? Or i did something wrong?

Sorry for all this question. I'm new to this :)

• Inquirer
  • 8 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

@tolick as  @RH_Dreambox suggests your transformer is left powered always , your control is done via low voltage switch cables connected to RGB or   Association to other modules or via GUI or Apps

So, if i turn off power from transformer there is no solution? Why should a transformer be powered all the time when it is used sometimes maybe 1-2 hours per week...really fibaro rgbw can work only when it is powered all the time?