Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

My wall plugs keep turning off...

kjetilhansen

Question

Hello, 

I have a problem with my three wall plugs.. They keep turning off... They did not do this before, but after I installed the script I linked after this post they kept turning off when not in use... So whenever I want to use the dishwasher, dryer or my washing machine I need to start the fibaro app, navigate to rooms, find the wall plug, tap it so it turns on. 

I did delete the scrip as I thought that this was what causing the problem, but no change after. Also, the script had an option of turning the plug off after use, but I did not enable that. 

I have gone through my scenes, (I don't have many) and the plugs are not mentioned anywhere so them turning off is a mystery.. 

A side note; I have a Fibaro dual relay module that I have hooked up. This I had a script that it should turn itself off from 06:00 to 08:00 but I found a programming error in the way I programmed it (it worked great thoug) but that too is giving me a hard time. If I open the app it says the switch is ON, but there is no power, if i turn it OFF - ON in the app it works.. 

This scene is also deleted..

Does the HC2 keeps a backup of my scenes and refuse do delete them? :P

Suggestions? 

Please login or register to see this code.

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Kinda, they have problem with Homekit, mine is to old for that. I am not sure on how old they are, but they are older than before we got homekit... 

Also, what do they mean with unstable? Mine is not unstable other than they turn them self off and I have to navigate in the app or the web client of Fibaro to turn them back on. That is never a problem... So I was guessing there was a bug somewhere since all my plugs do the same.. I have the newest firmware on them all, maybe there is something there that turns them off? 

Also, I would like to point out that these plugs are connected to washing apparatus, that are completely off (0W) when not in use... 

I now went through all the settings of the plug, looks like it may be parameter 52 that is screwing me over? It says to turn off the plug if the power goes beneath 30W.. I dont quite understand it tough, cause it says to turn it on if the power rises over 50W, but how is that possible when the plug is off.. Maybe not paramter 52 then.. 

• Inquirer
  • This is still the same Fibaro. What can we do about this? 

It's useless if I need to enter the app and turn the plugs on every time I want to use an application that is plugged into your plugs.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:45 PM, kjetilhansen said:

This is still the same Fibaro. What can we do about this? 

It's useless if I need to enter the app and turn the plugs on every time I want to use an application that is plugged into your plugs.

Are you sure the load is not too high for the plug . My wall plugs kept shutting off with my washing machine and dryer, had to replace them with aeotec plugs.

Also with a few led standing lights the plug switches the light on very shortly and then switches itself off. Probably in this last case a high current at the start of the led illumination is the cause.