Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom keeps Crashing!

northyorks

Question

FIBARO! My intercom keeps crashing so that notifications don't come through and the intercom when pressed doesn't flash / play the chime sounds.

I contact support and to reset you hold down ring until  a blue number lights up then keep holding until all flashes red. This fixes the crash.

But Intercom keeps crashing!! Randomly - after a day, sometimes a week. Its soooo annoying!!!!!!!!

All users seem affected - Am I going mad or is Fibaro not doing anything about this?

Is it software or is it the devices?? Are the units faulty?

FIBARO please communicate to owners of the Intercom about what is going on with this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had my intercom since February with tis issue now.... its just not fair.

20 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • It’s too soon to say as I have not yet had a visitor to the door, but have not noticed a crash yet.

I don’t think the IOS version can change the behaviour though as it must be the devices firmware which I don’t believe has yet had an update? 

I keep going to device hardware version and ‘update’ button always greyed out. See pic..

surely its the devices firmware that needs update? 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Then I'm afraid there's not much more I could do. we're working on a new update that will fix this issue, but I can't give you any exact time of its release. Sorry.

• Inquirer
  • Ok and I assume it’s a update to the hardware software version in the app? First screenshot? So when it’s available it will appear here and must click update in the app??

• Inquirer
  • Thats disappointing.

For customers whom have paid just over £700 for a doorbell which is not 100% reliable and randomly crashes meaning no notifications are sent to the app to say the doorbell has been pressed ..... its a poor show.

I would argue the intercom due to crashing and then not working anymore as an intercom until it is rebooted is not fit for purpose.

Fibaro should be rushing to fix this... and should be looking after customers explaining how and when such fundamental issue will be addressed.

I have had my intercom since February with his issue..... always your response is 'working on a fix'. Really poor.

I get the strong impression you know fully the issue with crashing intercom... but cant find a fix for it...

Guest kallecux

@A.Smolinski 

Thanks for the hint - what I notice is that the problem is known.

Would you have any information as to when the problem is resolved?

It is a doorbell that will enable my visit to attract attention - without success - what a pity!

Am I entitled to return the product due to non-fulfillment of the advertised functionality?

With refund of the purchase price, although the product was already installed?

I can't share any details regarding the fix.
    In order to discuss warranty, you'll have to contact our support directly.

Hi, 

I have had the same issues with my Fibaro Intercom and not much of help from support team and they insisted that my wifi signal was poor, while my device was powered through a CAT6a cable over PoE+ high end switch. I closley monitored its behaviour and found out that the intercom crashs immediately after my internet modem restart, I used to restart my 4G modem every 6 hours. So I went ahead and disabled the restarting scene and the crashs minimized so far and I am still monitoring.

So in conclusion, the Fibaro Intercom crashs when it loses internet connectivity. I am not sure why, but Fibaro team need to enhance the software to keep local connectivity up and running when Internet connection is out.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:46 PM, Malath said:

So in conclusion, the Fibaro Intercom crashs when it loses internet connectivity.

That's interesting information !

Thanks for sharing !

I'm using also a Fibaro intercom and has to confirm that the device is really buggy, also after the latest update. My intercom is connected over UTP which eliminates Wifi issues, so I'll start troubleshooting my wired internet connection.

Edited by Fitchie

Yes indeed, it is buggy specially when recreating users after formatting.

So far I am 100% sure that the device crashes upon loosing internet connectivity. Fibaro support replied that they are going to release an update soon that could tackle those issues.

The device has a problem keeping local connection when Internet is not available and this is a major drawback. 

I am getting random crash issue as well since I purchased intercom (July 2018) .  Poland support guy pushes the problem to Wifi connection.  (Who doesn't know Ethernet is always better than wifi? However, it does not mean Wifi is always unstable!)

My WIFI AP is very near intercom, just less than 2 meters separated by wooden main door.  Any other devices are full wifi signal strength if I stand by the intercom with the wooden door closed.  When it crashes, I need to reset intercom and start the configuration again. After that, every time I am facing 3 different errors randomly.

1) Intercom quickly found my SSID, during last step (registering device), I get timeout - I am right next to intercom with my iPhone

2) Cannot find any SSID nearby - nothing I can do except reset the device once again.

3) error message during registration ( com.fibaro.intercom.networkSwitch.error.1 )

Poland support says that there are many issues if the intercom is connected to wifi and there is not much they can do.  I really want to ask, why is it sold for such a high price with un-stable wifi module then?  With a less than 2 meters wifi range, I am not convinced Wifi connection always have issue except it is your hardware problem.  I used Skybell HD before integrating intercom and had no wifi problem at all.  By the way, did your QA test every module functionality under such a high temperature?

For error 3), I have bound the intercom IP on my DHCP as permanent, looks like it could be fixed by remove the lease from server. There is a bug on registering device when its MAC is bound to DHCP?

I do really hope Fibaro faces the problem positively, intercom is a security device, not a buggy toy.

As @Malath says his device is connected via POE.  This is very obvious that Fibaro's reply is playing with me.

Edited by Sirhideo

Hi

There is no proper fix from Fibaro for the intercom app yet. Fibaro released an app update couple of days back claiming to collect crash logs for issues troubleshooting, even after the update, I do not see how are they going to collect these logs.

- The application still crashes when answering a call, it just hangs and no button works (iPhone XS Max). The only way for triggering the relay successfuly is by not answering the call ( I mean by not touching the green button ). Otherwise application will hang and should be quit by force if green button is pressed in the app no matter what quality call or voice you choose.

- Another issue I have seen that altering MTU values, enabling jumbo frames or having more than one DHCP servers usually affects the intercom connectivity causing timeout errors. The intercom has 100mb capability only and should negotiate the link automatically from both sides (AP or switch and Intercom). I have mine set to DHCP and from gateway side has a static IP reserved to its MAC address.

Edited by Malath

Hi same problem here.

7 month owner of 900 euro doorbell and almost no successful calls

No notifications on Iphone and Ipad.

After factory default with app I can not complete the configuration due timeouts.

Manually reset with serial number works for the configuration but still no notification after the bell is pressed.

Need to send it back before my warranty is expired and it not solved.

BR

Jacques

Again! Yesterday the intercom crashed again and need to be re-configured.  I have an old ipad which keeps streaming the camera preview, when I see it is "connecting..." I know it crashes..

I did not reset the device correctly for the first time (not pressing the button and side ring at the same time) and then I can hear the call from my iphone and ipad? Does wifi issue only crashes video but not audio? How would @FIBARO explain this time?

...and they brag about the design awards.

The product is not functional.

- Doesn't work on the new iphones (non responsive buttons, can't open gates)

- App keeps freezing 

- Very bad streaming even on a local wired network

- No voice commands as marketed

and the list goes on.

We have paid a lot of money for this product and we expect @FIBARO to fix this ASAP ! 

Totally agree, adding to your list

- the app and button hangs even if you alter the call settings to lowest quality.

- answering a call on one device does not turn off the calls received on other devices

- extremly slow to connect when answering a call even on a local network connection

- integration with Fibaro app does not have voice call, only camera view and relay triggers

I totally regret buying this, I think “ring” would be a better option at a more afordable price.

• Like 1

Another crash again yesterday... all numbers on the device are flashing red ... have to disconnect intercom from power and plug it back in again.  Luckily this time doesn't need any re-configuration...