Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

GPDR - Fibaro's and Forums position and response

AutoFrank

Hi 

I've been looking to read and understand Fibaro's response and forum users thoughts and comments to the GPDR legislation that came in to force yesterday.

We all have privacy concerns and through our engagement with fibaro on this forum and our use of their products (most notable the HC2/HCL) and services we share a lot of information and data with some of it unknown to us. (like when the HC2 pings google, etc)  We also place a huge amount of trust that this data is being used correctly from a ethical and legal perspective.  

I invite Fibaro to share, in a clear and easy to understand manner their governance, policys' and procedures that relate to this important matter.

I also invite the forum users to share their thoughts and concerns on this matter in a manner that complies with the respectful way this forum is moderated.

I am hoping that this dialog will help us all gain a shared understanding that benefits both Fibaro and the users of their products and services

Thanks

Frank

I generally recommend to our customers to read both links, and if there are any open questions to ask Fibaro administrator directly.

Fibaro ID usage and services using Fibaro ID (e.g. Remote Access, Helpdesk, Intercom, Marketplace …):

Please login or register to see this link.

Website and Fibaro Products usage:

@AutoFrank , just as @tinman  said, you'll find all the information in the provided links. I'd like to ask you go through them and, should you have any additional questions then, I'd love to answer them! ;)

• Topic Author
  • Cloud Privacy Policy

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Hi @A.Smolinski

Could you explain more about these 2 elements of the Cloud Privacy Policy...

1. analysis and research on User behavior - they allow to check Users' preferences and through their analysis, to improve products and services. Collecting information is anonymous, without identifying personal data of particular Users, unless the User logs into the User's Dashboard, and the end-User's settings permit such identification.

2. advertisements - they allow to display advertisements which are more interesting to the Users and to personalize the advertisements.

Thanks

These are just quotes from the document itself. I don't really know what else I could add to it.

What more exactly would you like to know?

• Topic Author
  • Thanks @A.Smolinski

Please see below ..

they allow to check Users' preferences and through their analysis, to improve products and services

How is the data (and what data) collected for the analysis and is the analysis completed in house by fibaro or external by the like of google analytics, etc

"Collecting information is anonymous, without identifying personal data of particular Users", - Could you publish a sample of the data collected or an output of analysis (as it's anonymous)

"unless the User logs into the User's Dashboard, and the end-User's settings permit such identification." - is this and opt in or an opt out and where is the specific setting ?

"advertisements - they allow to display advertisements which are more interesting to the Users and to personalize the advertisements".

Are these advertisements on the cloud portal and why are the advertisements there - Are they affiliated links and does fibaro benefit financially if an advertisement is viewed or a purchase made ?

can we opt out of seeing this advertisements if they are in the cloud portal ?

1. and 2. We do not share the data as it's a part of our know-how and give us advantage over our competition. However, we do not collect personal data that would allow anyone to identify any of our users. Here's the Google Analytics rules: 

3. You're setting this one in your browser's settings and it depends on a browser.

4. It's the standard cookies policy, nothing has changed in this case.