Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Garagemotor problem

Andeb

Question

I have a garagedoor motor which i don't know how to connect

The motor only have a place for a wall button. The wall button should get connected to Ground and PB.
But how do I connect the Fibaro roller shutter 2, all instructions I can find have 3 places to connect. One button up, one down and one ground... 

Here is the sheet that shows the board

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Andeb said:

I have a garagedoor motor which i don't know how to connect

The motor only have a place for a wall button. The wall button should get connected to Ground and PB.
But how do I connect the Fibaro roller shutter 2, all instructions I can find have 3 places to connect. One button up, one down and one ground... 

Here is the sheet that shows the board

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Use a fibaro relay not a roller shutter

Your relay will need 240v feed.

The relay switch contacts “in “ and “Q1”need  to be wired to the same contacts that go to  the door switch.

You will need to fit a seperate door sensor if you want indication of wether door is open or closed.

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:06 AM, Jamie mccrostie said:

Use a fibaro relay not a roller shutter

Your relay will need 240v feed.

The relay switch contacts “in “ and “Q1”need  to be wired to the same contacts that go to  the door switch.

You will need to fit a seperate door sensor if you want indication of wether door is open or closed.

I have an identical setup as Jamie describes, with a Fibaro swich.

I built the switch into the motor housing, taking 240V from the power inside that box, and connecting the IN and Q1 parallel to the wall switch.

For the indication of the door status, I use a Vision Garage Door Detector (ZG8101) because it triggers on the position of the detector (vertical or horizontal) instead of on a magnet. But you could use any door sensor.