Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotely restart HC2 when crashed

J3R3M

Question

Hi everybody !

For my first topic, I will ask for a simple way to restart my HC2 when I'm not at home.

I'm not often at home, so my HC2 is very helpful for controlling my cameras and alarms.

But, actually, I regulary meet some HC2 issues like infinite reload of the HC2 webpage.

In this cases, I have not other choice that manually restart my HC2 by pressing the ON/OFF button.

But, unfortunately, I always meet this issues when I'm not at home, so I can't do anything!

I seen that a few VDs can ask for HC2 restart, but the API seems to be crashed too it my case.

A few years ago, people could restart their HC2 by the following URL, but this one doesn't work anymore.

Please login or register to see this link.

>/services/finishUpgradeAfterError.php

Can someone help me to find a way to do what expected ?

Thank you very much !

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

command for restart HC2:

http://user:pass@HCIP/services/system/reboot.php

And my script (running every 20 minutes by cron on my linux router). I not put this script in download section because it's alfa version (I haven't time to clear and check code) .

For test HC2 and run reboot command they use curl package.

For send notification they use 'msmtp' program form entware packages, if you haven't please comments lines with msmtp or change by another email bin.

Please login or register to see this code.

• Like 3

Hi,

I've been in a similar situation 2 weeks ago. My HC2 crashed and I've asked @T.Konopka if there was a way to reboot a crashed HC2 remotely (e.g. SSH from Fibaro support, as they are supposed to have a password).

The answer was not helpful at all. He just replied 'Thank you for the follow up!'...  I am still confused by his answer, but my understanding is that there is no way to reboot a crashed system remotely.... I ended up sending my wife for a 40 min drive to the summer house to physically unplug the HC2.

To avoid similar situations in the future I've bought a WeMo smart plug and plugged HC2 into it.

Hope this helps!

Ros

Edited by Ros
  • Like 1

I'm using a wi-fi wall plug behind my HC2, so i can restart it from anywhere, while my LAN has an internet connection...

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_06/image.png.d5a409b9a18b0c8f6a1d1c469d325707.png" width="319" alt="image.png.d5a409b9a18b0c8f6a1d1c469d325707.png" />

17 hours ago, drboss said:

command for restart HC2:

http://user:pass@HCIP/services/system/reboot.php

Thanks! Tried this in my webbrowser and is confirmed working!

• Like 1

Well... it works only if your API is running. In many API requests do not work when HC2 is crushed, so a wireless power plug is safest and should work in all instances.

No, command and script work also if API crash (error 404, 502).  The /services/system/reboot.php isn't api services command. They work if httpd daemon work (master linux on HC2 not from virtual HC2 machine)

• Inquirer
  • @Ros , thanks for your answer. It seems that we now have a working solution for our question!

And I specially want to thank @drboss for this solution ! The link is fully working, it's very nice!

One more thing @drboss... I also use WRT-Merlin on my Asus Router (AC-3200), can you explain me or give me a link to use cron tasks on it ?

@Bodyart , some people on the french board told me to use the same device than you.

However, I'm not a big fan about a radical shutdown of a Server. But sure, it can be useful!

Hi @J3R3M,

you know i also prefer a gracefull shutdown and restart, but when nothing alse helps then cutting the power is the only solution... And it is prooven in my case to be needed - unfortunatelly

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @J3R3M,

you know i also prefer a gracefull shutdown and restart, but when nothing alse helps then cutting the power is the only solution... And it is prooven in my case to be needed - unfortunatelly

Hi @Bodyart , I totally agree... When you don"t have any choice, it's the best solution, for sure !

Maybe still one remark. In order to be able to use wifi plug, your LAN must be running including your WAN connection.

@J3R3M cron for asus-merlin:

Please login or register to see this link.

I added cru a hc2 "*/20 * * * * /jffs/scripts/hc2check.sh" to init-start script in /jffs/scripts

guys

i'm not able to add this script to my SYNO (scheduled task) in order to execute the reboot is the HC2 is down

can you please help me ?

tried simple thing but abviously i don't know what i'm doing :-)

thank you for your help

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by sakkhho

I had a serious crash while I was out of home after the update on 4.541 beta. As I count security parameters on fibaro, I tried to use the script, so to monitor fibaro crashes. 

For monitoring part is working BUT there is no way to reboot HC2.

@T.Konopka is there any way to remote  reboot HC2 using APi or any other way ?

Googling, I see on past it was working on older versions. If it removed, can be placed back or HC2 get an internal watchdog? 

I feel terrified that I had pay so much money for placing fibaro as security system and a glitch on HC2 can disable all....

• Like 1

I agree 100%. I have a HC2 in Australia as a security system as well. Now I am in Germany and the system doesn't answer any more.

It's not so easy to reboot the system. Perhaps I need another home automation to control the HC2?

Hi all,

my HC2 is running 4.560 and today it froze - from main login page I have error 503 with "Restart services" button which doesn't work. So I checked services status with

http://<HC2IP>:8000/services/system/servicesStatus.php and indeed it says "HCServer: process not running"

So I tried to issue this command from a local Raspberry (I am away but I have VPN access):

curl -i -u [email protected]:passw+ord http://<HC2IP>:8000/services/system/reboot.php (also tried without :8000)

but unfortunately I get this error:

HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.29
    Content-type: text/html
    Content-Length: 0
    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 15:50:09 GMT
    Server: lighttpd/1.4.41

Any chance to issue a remote reboot command? I am 200km away..

Thanks
    Riccardo

For those using a WiFi plug (non-fibaro): when I restart my HC2 that (not so nice) way, blue leds start usual procedure, but at the end I have not the 3 leds on the right side, all leds stay of until I push the button in the back of the HC2. Someone has the same behaviour? Or do I need to change a setting in the system parameters?