Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NEST integration

SpaceCompany

Please @Fibaro team... how hard can it be ?

Or you really do not want to listen to your users ?

Edited by SpaceCompany
  • Like 2

it is time to give it up the fibaro.

they don't have such good programmers or the have not so many people to work on it.

it is a shame let people wait so long.

sell the device and buy other one.

• Topic Author
  • 30 minutes ago, Krystian said:

it is time to give it up the fibaro.

they don't have such good programmers or the have not so many people to work on it.

it is a shame let people wait so long.

sell the device and buy other one.

That might be... I still try to believe in the product... Maybe it's time that Tech magazines start publishing articles based on real input from Fibaro users? 

@SpaceCompany , I don't know how hard it is, it's not me who created the plugin and who is responsible for it now.

I informed users multiple times that the plugin will be reintroduced. I am sorry, but I cannot speed things up - however, I inform the team responsible about the demand and all posts on Forum about NEST. I understand that you used it and you need it for your system ;)

At the moment, we are focused on the new system version that we want to release. I guess that after that we will have resources to bring back the NEST plugin. I'll ask about that ;)

• 2 months later...
    Guest Lode

I don't believe they will reintroduce the Nest plugin.

I really don't believe they didn't have the time to reintroduce it.

They will come up with "Fibaro Thermostat".......wait and see :P (and start selling yours as i did)

• 4 weeks later...
    On 8/11/2018 at 11:14 PM, Lode said:

I don't believe they will reintroduce the Nest plugin.

I really don't believe they didn't have the time to reintroduce it.

They will come up with "Fibaro Thermostat".......wait and see :P (and start selling yours as i did)

i hope not, that doorbell they had was so expensive and poor incomparison to nest. i really do hope they reintroduce the nest plugin.

the market place has so little its depressing

4 hours ago, Al3x said:

i hope not, that doorbell they had was so expensive and poor incomparison to nest. i really do hope they reintroduce the nest plugin.

the market place has so little its depressing

indeed, there are no "major" plugins

no rfxcom

no plugwise

no miele etc

• 1 month later...
    On 6/4/2018 at 1:53 PM, T.Konopka said:

@SpaceCompany , I don't know how hard it is, it's not me who created the plugin and who is responsible for it now.

I informed users multiple times that the plugin will be reintroduced. I am sorry, but I cannot speed things up - however, I inform the team responsible about the demand and all posts on Forum about NEST. I understand that you used it and you need it for your system ;)

At the moment, we are focused on the new system version that we want to release. I guess that after that we will have resources to bring back the NEST plugin. I'll ask about that ;)

Is there any further update on this. I am waiting desparately on Nest Hello and Nest Cam integration

2 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

@Hagorian , there is no news about the plugin. Sorry.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks anyway.

What is the dynamic of getting new plugins prioritized with the engineering team? 

One would think Nest is quite high on the list given its broad distribution, or is it low, as it is owned by a competitor?

It is not of the highest priority due to certain factors.

The plugin had to be disabled as the manufacturer introduced changes that could not be implemented in the plugin therefore we have to create it from scratch. As we had already planned other integrations and we had already started works we could not fit it in the schedule. As for now, there is no date of reintroduction of the plugin, but it is being developed.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:54 PM, Krystian said:

Can you tell me how many programmers you have?

Take a look on LinkedIn. Hint - not as many as you'd expect given the number of management and team lead roles :-(

Doesn't the new ifttt feature introduced in fw v 4.150 solve the Nest problem? I know it should work for the Nest Protect atleast!

I would prefer to have a plugin for the Nest Thermostat instead of IFTTT. And a plugin that supports scenes would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

On 10/31/2018 at 5:30 PM, Ruud NL said:

I would prefer to have a plugin for the Nest Thermostat instead of IFTTT. And a plugin that supports scenes would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Yes for me that same.

It is a shame to let people wait for so long

• 5 months later...