Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NEST integration

SpaceCompany

What is the status of a Nest integration?
There is a new non beta version of the controller software.

Hope for some good news!!!

Guest dacianova

They don't care about us. We already bought their product. They want new customers , the old ones doesn't matter!:-(

+1 

Compatible with Vera Lite/3/Edge Yes
Compatible met Zipabox Yes
Compatible with Zipatile Yes
Compatible with Homeseer Yes
Compatible with Alexa Yes
Compatible met IFTTT Yes
Compatible with Google Home

Yes

• Thanks 1

W dniu 21.04.2019 o 09:38, dacianova napisał:

They don't care about us. We already bought their product. They want new customers , the old ones doesn't matter!:-(

This is a holy truth.
I recently bought fibaro and I do not know if it's worth expanding the system.

Guest dacianova

To be honest, I'm thinking of giving up Fibaro and buying something else. Their products are very expensive and they are very bad at the support for the products of others. Other manufacturers are more flexible.

8 hours ago, dacianova said:

To be honest, I'm thinking of giving up Fibaro and buying something else. Their products are very expensive and they are very bad at the support for the products of others. Other manufacturers are more flexible.

Which manufacturers offers a better/flexible product? 

15 hours ago, pnutp0wer said:

See 

Please login or register to see this link.

comment above, not a comprehensive list but gives insight if you start looking... 

8 hours ago, shaunm85 said:

See 

comment above, not a comprehensive list but gives insight if you start looking... 

Yes I'm aware of these brands, but thought maybe you had another suggestion.

Personally I don't see Google Home and Alexa as a Hub. It's more an important add-on to control some smart devices - no real automation is possible. 

IFTTT has a lot of integrations, but you can not build a whole house with this. First of all you'll always need an internet connection, secondly, you can not add a lot of different type of conditions (and, or, else)

Now there are just a few brands left. Did you ever experienced a Vera or Zipato controller? Because I did. Both we're extremely dissapointing. I have never used homeseer, home assistant or domoticz, I hear a lot of good news about the last two. But from what Ive seen its to much DIY. 

I'm an Home Center 2 user now for 4.5 years and never had any big issue. If I'd one this was because of bad configuration by myself. (Sidenote: I'm not a programmer or anything similar)

I see a lot of people bashing on the internet about FIBARO, but it's the same with computers long time ago. Most of the times it's due to lack of available knowledge of the matket, but that's normal with a new market and new pRoducts.

2 minutes ago, pnutp0wer said:

Yes I'm aware of these brands, but thought maybe you had another suggestion.

Personally I don't see Google Home and Alexa as a Hub. It's more an important add-on to control some smart devices - no real automation is possible. 

IFTTT has a lot of integrations, but you can not build a whole house with this. First of all you'll always need an internet connection, secondly, you can not add a lot of different type of conditions (and, or, else)

Now there are just a few brands left. Did you ever experienced a Vera or Zipato controller? Because I did. Both we're extremely dissapointing. I have never used homeseer, home assistant or domoticz, I hear a lot of good news about the last two. But from what Ive seen its to much DIY. 

I'm an Home Center 2 user now for 4.5 years and never had any big issue. If I'd one this was because of bad configuration by myself. (Sidenote: I'm not a programmer or anything similar)

I see a lot of people bashing on the internet about FIBARO, but it's the same with computers long time ago. Most of the times it's due to lack of available knowledge of the matket, but that's normal with a new market and new pRoducts.

So you are saying that Fibaro still doesn’t know his market after 4.5 years.

New market? Zwave already exist since 1999

Then you also know Fibaro supported the Nest in the past and they abandon it. 

As a test I installed Domoticz in the past and I can confirm that installing a Nest thermostat is a piece of cake. 

Grts

2 minutes ago, Sjekke said:

So you are saying that Fibaro still doesn’t know his market after 4.5 years.

New market? Zwave already exist since 1999

Then you also know Fibaro supported the Nest in the past and they abandon it. 

As a test I installed Domoticz in the past and I can confirm that installing a Nest thermostat is a piece of cake. 

Grts

No apologies for misunderstanding I was targeting "the market" about the knowledge topic. 

I know there was a Nest integration, but in the end it all matters about resources and priorities. Yes I see a lot of people asking on the forum about Nest, but at the same time you've requests by mail, other manufacturers, new products and other major brands starting with smart home. 

If people want an integration so badly, why has no developer (user) started to make an integration and posted this on marketplace.fibaro.com or asked for help on the forum. 

7 hours ago, pnutp0wer said:

I know there was a Nest integration, but in the end it all matters about resources and priorities. Yes I see a lot of people asking on the forum about Nest, but at the same time you've requests by mail, other manufacturers, new products and other major brands starting with smart home. 

If people want an integration so badly, why has no developer (user) started to make an integration and posted this on marketplace.fibaro.com or asked for help on the forum. 

New products, other brands ... I agree ... one more reason to implement the Nest plugin again.

The Nest integration exist but an average user wants just a plugin like before. Not everyone is skilled to work with LUA.

It would also relate to the support aspect that prevents users from adding to the marketplace.

The marketplace plugin would require support, or for each individual user to create Nest development accounts...

I'm working on my own plugin, I've just purchased a vera plus and looked into how they do it. The Nest API is ok, the fibaro Lua will be the learning curve.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

News from Nest Google:

Families around the world have embraced smart devices designed to make their homes more helpful. But the smart home – where products are meant to work together seamlessly to create helpful whole home experiences – is still too complex.

We believe all our connected home devices and services should work in a way that makes experiences more helpful, simple, and secure. Today, Nest and Google Home are joining together under one brand to make that happen, and to give you even more help at home. Introducing 

Our products work beautifully together to help you stay informed, feel more comfortable and safe, keep an eye on home when you’re away, and be more connected to friends and family. Today, we’re taking our first steps on a journey to create a more helpful home. 

One secure Google Account. Later this summer, you’ll have the option to migrate your Nest Account to a 

. Along with a more seamless sign-in experience across Nest and Google products, you’ll get access to all the tools and automatic security protections that come with a Google Account. 

One developer platform. We want to unify our efforts around third-party connected home devices under a single developer platform – a one-stop shop for both our developers and our customers to build a more helpful home. To accomplish this, we’ll be winding down Works with Nest on August 31, 2019, and delivering a single unified experience through the 

program. 

One set of privacy commitments. As Nest redefines technology in the home, there’s an opportunity to explain clearly and simply how our 

, and how we will respect your privacy. Learn more about Google’s 

There’s no need to take any action right now. We’ll notify you when your Nest Account is ready for migration this summer. 

Thank you for allowing us to be a guest in your home. We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us – and we’re committed to keeping it. 

To learn more, read our 

or visit our 

page. 

The Google Nest team

The topic has indeed done so well, now Google has decided that the API is closed and all the nice technology in the Google Assistant flows - something I call then - kick the customer nicely in the butt

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 10:38 AM, dacianova said:

+1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, dacianova said:

I don't think that is true, but the way how they communicate with user base definitely gives that feeling. I think Fibaro should definitely improve communication skills!

I think that they also working on integrations, but for now keep it secret until it is ready for public release.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 10:46 PM, pnutp0wer said:

i think homeseer has that (are 20 years on the market)

• 7 months later...

2020 now, any news? Fabori intercom is just to expensive for what it must do. Please give us a solution with products like Ring or Google Nest or must we give up?

• 1 month later...

Hello, the integration with google works really well right now. Alexa has worked first, and google assistant started working later. 

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to show on a nest hub the cameras defined in Fibaro... But using the switches and the plugs works perfectly. 

Edited by MariusLUXOFT