Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NEST integration

SpaceCompany

any news about integration with nest ? - I accidentally migrated my nest account to google and lost my nest<=>IFTTT connection 

• 2 years later...

I have made a video. Google Nest Doorbell automation. Turning og and dimming light on doorbell push.

Have a nice Day

Edited by Oddi_78
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

do you know if this qa works with zigbee trv's?

if so, do you know which trvs it recognises?

Phil

I recently integrated the Nest thermostat into HC3 using the fine QA mentioned above. The Quick App works well in HC3. I really did not like the process required by Google though, it was tedious and error prone. After a lot of pain, several days and enlisting ChatGPT to explain and diagnose all the errors, it finally worked. But it did not display the correct temperature with Alexa and the Alexa app could not control it, only partial control with voice command. It would set the temperature but it always replied the temperature was 0. Again the Quick App is not the issue here, just Google an Alexa/Fibaro integration perhaps. 

The thermostat has recently failed however, right after I got the integration working. I am assuming a completely unrelated hardware issue. I bought a replacement Z Wave device. Ultimately there were too many points of failure for my liking with the Nest. Physical device, Nefit OpenTherm-EMS converter, Google Heat Link, wifi connection, orbi wifi routers, ISP, Google cloud services, google integration components( tokens. keys, accounts,etc...), the Quick app Integration, compatibility with Fibaro Nest integration and Alexa services. I really appreciated the Quick App was developed when I was set on using that great looking Nest thermostat but ultimately I think I am going to be far happier with locally a executing Zwave device. I have nest doorbell, smoke detectors and video hubs but I am frustrated with the reliability and performance of all of these devices except for the Nest Protect, they are fantastic smoke/co detectors.

Edited by RedRocketFire
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm trying to add my nest camera to Fibaro. I have tried this guide

Please login or register to see this link.

It seems to be installed correctly. But I'm not sure what next? because know I have a quick app?

Should I then create a scene?

I can't find the quick app in a block scene. Is that normal that quick app can't be found in a block scene?

Should I then create LUA code?

I'm just not sure how to use the new quick app, hope somebody can help

Mikkel