Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

harmony from scenes

gonza

Question

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

You can catch a command send by Fibaro to Harmony Hub. Instal firefox developer. Open your fibaro site on firefox developer (example 192.168.1.15), press ctrl+shift+k, then click your Harmony button it should appear on your firefox developer site as string characters. Copy those string characters and place it in Virtual device of your creation. Search the forum for virtual device creation with login and password.

• Inquirer
  • Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

To my best knowledge right now there is only one command supported for activities only

fibaro:call(vID, "changeActivityState")

This is not so simple, because if the activity is OFF and activity is Running, you need to run command above twice...

Just start to play with that ..

Unfortunately doesn't seems easy as it appear... or at least as it should be...

In my case the fibaro:call(vID, "changeActivityState") fire the command to the harmony hub, but doesn't update the related VD activity device status.

For instance, starting from TV off:

1. Run the scene with fibaro:call(vID<TV>, "changeActivityState")

2. TV activity turns on

3. TV activity VD doesn't change its status but still reports TV activity is OFF (while TV is actually ON)

4. I need to use again fibaro:call(vID<TV>, "changeActivityState") in order to change the VD status to the Running state

Unfortunately I didn't find a way to keep aligned the VD status with the actual Harmony status even using only fibaro to trigger the activities.

I tried to fire always twice the ChangeActivityState function.

I tried to delay the second call of ChangeActivityState by 2-3-5 seconds. 

I tried to call the ChangeActivityState in a while cycle with exit condition on ui.startStopActivitySwitch.value comparing it with the previous state. 

but no way to fix the issue in a stable deterministic way.., it seems that the missing VD status update is random

I'm seriously considering to turn on an instance of node-red.

Just for the sake of clearness I'm quite disappointed, since I migrated to HC2 from openHAB2 where the link with harmony was seamless.

Any suggestion? Someone is experiencing the same behavior?

You're absolutely right, the sequence is not stable...

My workaround is to read TV power (need to connect the TV to wall plug) after  every ChangeActivityState.

Using this solution have found that the optimum delay between  ChangeActivityState commands is 12 seconds!  

These 12 seconds  include  plugin, wall plug and TV delays....

Edited by cag014

12 seconds seems reasonable also in my case.

This is the quick and dirty code I wrote in order to overcame the issue, but is much more then ugly...

Please login or register to see this code.

Anyhow I found a very odd behavior... If I had more time I would investigate more, maybe we can exploit this weird behavior.

This what I see:

1. I turn on TV through the scene above - so the VD Activty TV is correctly set to Running

2. I change the current activity using Logitech remote - let's assume I turn on Music Activity

3. I run again the scene at point 1 to turn off Activity TV

The current Harmony activity is switched off (In the example Music), the VD Activity TV is correctly set to OFF at first "changeActivityState" call, but the VD Activity Music is automatically  switched to Running!

This behavior it is not random and the same apply with all the available harmony activities.

This let me starting to think that there is some issue in the fibaro plugin and it is not fully true that there is not bidirectional communication between Harmony and HC2, it is just a fibaro decision to do not allow the users to control fibaro from harmony.  

Edited by Peppe