mradh

Fibaro declining?

As a long time user of Fibaro, i start getting a feeling that I am about done with Fibaro. I have given up on support, or the lack thereof, a long time ago and feel that clients are left on their own. My recent experiences with Fibaro make me feel looking at alternatives since there is no reasoning why changes are being made to the system, or why sudden functions no longer work. I can not have a system in my house, and believe me when I say that I am using about every single add on in my household, which is unreliable and becomes a struggle to maintain.

My latest experience is pretty bad and annoying and has all to do with the fact that by now only one device, the one the superuser is logged in to, is having all the Fibaro functionality in the app on ios. This causes my family members to call me constantly about switching on or off the alarm and any other device, which literally drives me crazy. Crazy, because from my perspective nothing changed to the system, no warnings have been made by Fibaro about system changes, and now I am trying to figure out what has changed. @Fibaro this sucks!

If at least you would give me a heads up that user management does not work anymore, or the app on ios is outdated, or whatelse, I could prepare. This system should provide convenience and not be a hassle! This way you loose customer buy in, and worse if in my case my spouse starts to complain about Fibaro, you can bet it will be out of the door soon! I know I am not the only one contemplating a change, and I wonder how stupid one can be to let a client base diminish itself because of lousy, inadequate or better said non existent support? Cannibalizing your own company you worked so hard to build must indicate there is an other problem you are facing, and I would like to say that transparency is probably the way to go.

It is especially sad, as you did have a nice vibe going, but slowly but surely I feel that vibe is fading. What will be left if this continues? Just a dim memory of a company once cool, but now a distant memory because clients turn away.

I feel for you, but than again if you do not care about your clients, why would i care about you?

Sincerely

A distressed client

@mradh

I'm very sad to hear that.

I can assure you that we're constantly trying to improve our products and are working on resolving any existing issues.

From what I gather, it seems that you have tried contacting our support with an issue and aren't satisfied with their answer. Is that correct? If so, could you give me a case number so that I can look into this?

I think your intuition is right. But difficult to say if the concept of a local gateway is slowly dying - or just HC2?

Yes I am afraid I am in the same place. I have been actively moving to HomeKit now over the past few months...about 50% of the way through. And whilst its also got its problems, hidden rules etc its been much more stable. Now that's not to say I am not buying Fibaro....I am...HomeKit devices....I am now just going to be a different type of customer.

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, A.Smolinski said:

@mradh

I'm very sad to hear that.

I can assure you that we're constantly trying to improve our products and are working on resolving any existing issues.

From what I gather, it seems that you have tried contacting our support with an issue and aren't satisfied with their answer. Is that correct? If so, could you give me a case number so that I can look into this?

It is not that I have something against you or else. I also do understand the concept of a forum which is not the place for support, it is just that at times things do happen which are totally annoying. Like in this particular case. Suddenly, without any change to either the HC nor the Iphone, the ability to change anything is blocked. Then one suddenly can not connect anymore, is forced to be part of the fibaro cloud platform, which went off air on Monday evening my time, and now two days later I am still switching the alarm etc on and off on MY iphone for my family members. You do understand this is annoying. As I have tried to reach you without any luck, it became time to post this on the forum hoping somebody else would have the same problem. As for your support system, Ive tried this in the past, but did not think much of the answers given.

I fully understand where you're coming from. What do you mean that you tried reaching us without any luck?

Regarding your problem, we had some technical issues from the side of our service provider that have been resolved just a while ago.

Could you check again if you're still having connection problems?

5 hours ago, darren-mc said:

Yes I am afraid I am in the same place. I have been actively moving to HomeKit now over the past few months...about 50% of the way through. And whilst its also got its problems, hidden rules etc its been much more stable. Now that's not to say I am not buying Fibaro....I am...HomeKit devices....I am now just going to be a different type of customer.

Homekit is fine in many ways, but far from home automation and even farther from smarthome.

in some respects your right. Over 10 years I have 2 systems.... HomeSeer and Fibaro....both of them need "feeding". HomeKit does not....and that attracts me. Its 3rd generation for me....I been there got the T-Shirt...don't want it anymore.