Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What a very poor Experience on iphone10

claverjg

Question

Recently purchased home center 2 after recommendation about how much better it was over VeraPlus (previous gateway). I was shockingly wrong. 

IphoneX user 

No Ipad

The mistake i made before purchasing was that i saw the interface on an ipad thinking surely the iphone wouldn't be far of. I setup my account, start to add devices etc and then see how they  work on the iphone. 

Slow Laggy experience (obviously not local) Even remotly is so slow 1 minute to connect to my HC over 4g. App looks like it hasnt been updated since iphone 4 (screen utilising only half the screen).I then download this homekit app only to find i can't use it to control my HC2. Looks like all the design is going into this app and the older one getting forgotten about. Shame.

Someone please tell me i'm wrong and all this issue are only a revison away from being fixed.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

@claverjg There's a big difference between HomeKit and Z-Wave devices. You can see which devices are available in Z-Wave and which in HomeKit here:

Here's an article on differences between those two types of devices:

What exactly do you mean by having to wait one minute to connect to your HC. Do you mean that logging in takes so long or is it rather the device's response time?

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, A.Smolinski said:

@claverjg There's a big difference between HomeKit and Z-Wave devices. You can see which devices are available in Z-Wave and which in HomeKit here:

Here's an article on differences between those two types of devices:

What exactly do you mean by having to wait one minute to connect to your HC. Do you mean that logging in takes so long or is it rather the device's response time?

See pic below of the screen i am referring to euring the waiting period of 1 minute

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

That could be related to the quality of the internet connection. Anyway, there's not much we can do for the moment, but there's a new update coming in soon that should improve this process ;)

I love the Fibaro system but really...  The iPhone app's interface is like 5 years old. Having a nice smartphone app is very important for the user experience. Other smart home systems may have weaker functionality but definitely beat you on user experience and user interface. Having a price tag of 550 Euro for the Home Center 2, my personal opinion is that you have to work harder on the interfaces because they are the connection between the person and the system. 

PS: iPhone X is around for 9 months now. Didn't you have time to update the graphics for the new screen resolution? Because I am good person, I am sending you a link to Apple's Developer website, where you can find a guide for updating your app so that is looks normal on the iPhone X. https://developer.apple.com/ios/update-apps-for-iphone-x/

• Like 1

I am using iPhone X (as soon as its launch day) and HC2 running 4.180. Login to Fibaro app should be blazing fast. Perhaps there are some mis-steps or settings. Or perhaps the HC2 end may not be at its 'best state' (based on past 3-4 years of experience with HC2 since version 3.5xx days).

I have enabled the option "Home Center connecting preferences - Connect with the controller in the local network first" in the Fibaro app. I vividly recall when I did not enable this option when this latest Fibaro app version 2.23 (I think) just release, login was kinda slow cause it was always going out to Internet before coming back in (Yes, I have configured NAT loopback on my UBNT EdgeRouter) and that itself slows access greatly.

If you have this option already enabled, then pardon me for trying to help.

@Fibaro, I do agree with Miroslav that the Fibaro app has been among the slowest of all the apps I frequently use to update support for iPhone X screen real estate. Even many apps that are well-known to not update frequently (e.g. Findg, Axis, etc) have already updated support for iPhone X. The iOS development for Fibaro really is slow and sometimes I wonder if it is a full-time team on this and participates in Beta iOS testing or not. I personally participate at Public Beta, not even Developer Beta, just to be sure I am ready to support all my customers when the next iOS version officially release. And if I sport any bugs, I readily reports to Apple so that all my customers will not have to face the pain and hiccups (of the app and associated equipment) when the next iOS version officially release. And I am not even doing this as a full time job.

• Like 1

So you buy a product of a manufacturer (Apple) who is running still on its succes of the previous century and hasn't had any innovation since then and now you want Fibaro to optimize it?

(ok ok....its a lame joke but I had to do it..... ;D)

I have this issue as well and it seems related to IOS (or the IOS app). Iphone X takes about 15 seconds to load the app. Android (slow cheap 200 euro phone) takes 3 seconds. Both on the same wifi network both with option on to search local network first. You would argue that a 1300 euro phone should be faster than a 200 euro phone. But to be honest I think it is not related to the phone but more the OS or the app version. Anyone experiencing same slow issues?

Edited by Volkert

And just found what it is, a "bug" in the IOS app.

I've checked: app settings -> CHOOSE HC option -> EDIT -> IP

in the IOS app the IP number here is the external IP address of my router. I manually changed it to the correct local IP and the app reduce considerable the time to connect to HC2 when I am within the local network. My guess was that as the IP setting was incorrect, the app always had to connect via remote path (which creates a huge lag). Now everything is back to normal: when in the local network, connection is fast. when outside, connection lag a bit. And this is a bug in the iphone app because on the Android app the IP address says "HC IP". Which indeed loaded much faster. If I now enter either the IP address or "HC IP" on the Iphone the app loads just as fast on both phones.