Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Report motion value periodically

APica

Question

Hi,

I had a problem with a fibaro motion sensor (Fibaro PIR G5 FGMS-001), as it sent a "motion" notification at night but it never sent the "no motion" value. It might be lost or something, but the problem is that it kept at "motion" state until today. Is there a way to force a periodical report with the value? This way, I will receive the value at some point.

Thank you

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • @A.Smolinski, I don't have physical access to it currently, so can't do it. I was looking more of a possible cause or solution in case it happens again. Any solution?

I have the absolute same issue for one of my sensors.

Beside the fact that I changed 4 times battery in 1 year its very annoying to see Fibaro that unstable.

I will most probably send this sensor back to the shipping company.

And yes, I already did 3 times a new connection over the last year. Every time the motion sensor works for a while than empty or stuck or something else.

I'm expecting this is a hardware issue and not related to the configuration.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 12:11 PM, APica said:

@A.Smolinski, I don't have physical access to it currently, so can't do it. I was looking more of a possible cause or solution in case it happens again. Any solution?

Tell me, can you check if the device is connected as secured device or without.

Maybe its related to the secure protocol?

• Inquirer
  • On 8/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, davidooo said:

Tell me, can you check if the device is connected as secured device or without.

Maybe its related to the secure protocol?

It had the default configuration (secure mode), so not sure if it's related to that.

Did you got any other conclusion?

My conclusion is, that I will send this sensor back to the seller.

I don't want to mess anymore with this problem and a unstable detecting device where the battery is always getting empty because of this problem.

• Inquirer
  • Do you mention that you have more sensors. Do you refear to more motion sensors, or other type sensors?

Thank you

Yes I have 2 more Fibaro sensors that doesn't have this problem and that didn't need that many batteries over the last 1,5 year.

So I expect this problem is related not only to the secured communication.

• Inquirer
  • Maybe some help from Fibaro staff could be helpfull... :rolleyes:

Same issues here, got like 10 motion sensors and two of them have the problem... So far I have not figured it out why..