Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 looses internet connection and z-wave status led blinking

darkultra

Question

Hi!

Two times now my HC2 has lost internet connection and once have the z-wave status led blinking slowly and I couldn't control my devices. Every time I had to reboot the home center 2 to get it working again. Could this be a dying unit or could there be something wrong with my cable modem or wifi router? I got the device about 25 days ago.

Fibaro HC2 4.180
6x Dimmer 2
1x mini Plug
1x motion sensor
1x flood sensor
1x Heatit thermostat
1x sensative strip
5x Roller Shutter 2

Android app 1.23.0.1

Asus RT-AC88U wifi router

7 answers to this question

It's very unlikely that HC2 loose internet connection, so please check your cable.

Regarding z-wave, it might be that one of your devices is too far and during polling HC2 doesn't receive response from device.

May I suggest to exclude far devices from polling

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_06/Capture.PNG.d66348ced0cb1dd12cf81c71eff77abe.PNG" width="277" alt="Capture.PNG.d66348ced0cb1dd12cf81c71eff77abe.PNG" />

or to reconfigure mesh network (will help in case you have other devices near to)

• Inquirer
  • Hi thanks for reply. I think I figured it out. It might be an incompatibility  with my Asus RT-AC88U wifi router or the router is broken. I noticed the LG TV and other units connected close to the port my HC 2 is connected also lost connection. A reboot of the Asus RT-AC88U wifi router and everything works again.

This has happened three times, on an average of once a week.

But then I connected HC2 to an old switch I had lying around, and connected that switch to the Asus router (see attache picture), and now it has been working for about seven weeks.

So I guess I'll return the Asus router and see if a new one works better.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by darkultra

Is your firmware on the router up to date? I did experienced similar issues some time back with my one of my ASUS RT-AC68U at my summerhouse, but not lately (eg this summer), and suspect firmware to have been the issue. 

Edited by 1152

• Inquirer
  • Ah yes there where actually a new firmware update but it still doesn't work.

Heres a thread I made on the Asus forums

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by darkultra

• Inquirer
  • Ok I connected my roter and HC2 to a grounded outlet, changed the ethernet cable between router and HC2 and updated my HC2 to a newer firmare and all was well. I then disconnected from the grounded wall socket to the original ungrounded socket and after two months the HC2 has not lost its connection.

I'm not sure which of these two did it but I'm very happy it works now. Hmm I think I even updated the router to a newer firmware during all this too...

Edited by darkultra

also have two AC88U same problem went back to asus firmware 3.0.0.1.380_3341 and everithing works perfectly

Edited by Kage
    • Like 1

btw. it's not a good idea place HC2  in enclosed space + papers.

maybe  I am a paranoid old man but HC2 occurs heat... with all the consequences that entails

IMHO

• Like 2