Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can intercom unlock a danalockv3 or august?

carlitto

Question

Hi, 

Does anyone know if we can unlock a smart lock using the fibaro intercom ? i.e: Danalock v3 installed on door should open when open gate 1 is pushed on phone...

If so, any specific configuration for the built-in relays ? Otherwise, can we detect that open gate button was pushed in HC2 and send an unlock command to danalock ?

The double relay control on the intercom manuals and HC2 integration are not well documented.

Thanks !

Edited by carlitto

4 answers to this question

Hi

Yes you can do this. So I have a Yale lock and can create scene in HC2 - When Intercom relay (1 or 2) open then unlock Yale.

There is a slight delay when using this method as its works via HC2 Plugin (don't know why maybe will get faster with software updates) Its not a massive update just a few extra seconds.....

I actually have the Fibaro Intercom relay hooked unto a nearby UBS Sensor which in turn just detects when Fibaro Intercom relay is open and scene to open Yale lock - This is much faster.

• Inquirer
  • Hi again !

Do you mind letting me know the approximate delay in seconds you have for both methods when opening a lock

i.e: when using a UBS sensor vs Intercom HC2 plugin?

Thanks.

On 7/5/2018 at 6:40 AM, carlitto said:

Hi again !

Do you mind letting me know the approximate delay in seconds you have for both methods when opening a lock

i.e: when using a UBS sensor vs Intercom HC2 plugin?

Thanks.

Hmm

using the UBS delay is 2-3 seconds

i think the plugin was about 4-5 seconds and on rare occasion failed to work.. UBS was just better for me.

They May have improved the plugin however so give it a go and if slow move to UBS - plugin is far easier solution it has to be said..

remember the ubs can assist you with zwave range as the intercom can be connected by ethernet then ubs wire can go from relay to location closer to HC2.  Only downside of ubs is that it need to be powered somehow which is a consideration!

Edited by northyorks