Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Paid solutions for the participants

Shady Hamilton

Good morning All, i think this should go in the crowed solutions but i could not post there for some reason...

I want to suggest something and i am not sure if it will work, but we can always try:

Since we are waiting for many 3rd party plugins and it seems they will not be here soon (like Nest or full Harmony plugin for example), so i want to suggest that we raise funds and ask some programmer to do it for us (the people who participated). we will get the working plugin and the programmer will get good money and everyone will be happy.

the programmer can control who he send the plugin to depends on the participation in the fund raising and he can also sell it maybe to people.

Is that something that we could do here, and if yes how to proceed?

cheers,

Shady Hamilton

Edited by Shady Hamilton
typo

sure, great idea, and i would probably spend some of my private time on it as well, but i think FIBAROs upper management have to agree to that and confirm, that such solution will get implemented officially. I had discussions in the past, and it was always "sure, we can implement it when you done with plugin", but due to organisational change things got complicated (remember, even if we develop something, FIBARO have still to evaluate/check the code, and maintain - or at least have way to trigger "someone" to maintain plugin). So before someone spend time and/or money, the question how and if need to be answered.

@M.Baranowski can you please forward this question to upper management?

Edited by tinman

• Topic Author
  • @tinman I guess if we have enough participant we can ask for the approval or something like that. any idea how much such a solution cost for programming please? lets say NEST full plugin with reporting back (proper plugin like the one in VERA)?

I'm looking for TADO plugin.. 

I think the cost for a plugin should be 8-15 euro per user depending on number of possible users. Sure NEST has more distribution than TADO... this means that cost per user should be lower

• Topic Author
  • @tinman It seems no admins checked this chain. do you have an admin contact to tag please?

also, do you know how to move this to crowd solutions please?

many thanks,

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

@Shady Hamilton , please read descriptions of categories before posting so that you will know if the category is the proper one for the subject :)

It might be a good idea, but... the plugins and official support of integrations, plugins, etc has to be, let's say, certified. NEST plugin has been taken down because the manufacturer introduced changes and the plugin became incompatible. We are working on the new version of the plugin - as I mentioned a couple of times before - but it has to be accepted by the third party as well. I guess it is a bit different when it comes to devices as all Z-Wave devices are supported and we have to introduce a plugin for it or check if all the command classes are supported by our system.

Your idea gets one more side to the equation. I am not saying that it is no good, but it may be complicated on the law and rights level. Nevertheless, it is worth discussing :)

I would be highly in favour and willing to contribute!

• Topic Author
  • @T.Konopka i am sorry i could not put it directly in the proper place cause it was grayed out, only few were open to post in and that is one of them.  But i think crowed solutions is more proper place for it than scenes and interface. Nothing is related to scenes here. 

As for the idea, you mean we can't program a plugin unless it is by you?  Or we can but you have to approve it first?

I am not trying to be rude, but please do not say you are working on the Nest plugin and that the problem is from their side,  I can't  understand how a plugin can take two years in development. 

And I can't understand why they have problem from their side? It is working perfectly  with other zwave hubs, why they will have technical problem with Fibaro only? No matter what.... it has been two years.

If you can help us in this inetiative it will really be great  :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Shady Hamilton , there are some business information that stays undisclosed ;)

We are not saying that it is the problem on NEST side, and definitely we are not blaming NEST. They introduced changes and we have to adjust. Unfortunately, the changes forced us to start almost from scratch. Another unfortunate factor was that we started works on new devices and integrations (i.e. Alexa, Google Home) so the priorities had to be shifted - to disadvantage of the NEST plugin. I understand the frustration, I really do, but we cannot speed things up at the moment. I can only assure you that the plugin has not been abandoned and it will be reintroduced :)

On 7/5/2018 at 9:58 PM, Shady Hamilton said:

As for the idea, you mean we can't program a plugin unless it is by you?  Or we can but you have to approve it first?

Yes, we would have to approve it. And, only guessing, there will be a place for business agreement about rights, support, etc. I forwarded the idea to the team as it is worth discussing :)