Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

how to connect fibaro homekit switch

alezanott

goodevening everyone,

i'm interested in buying some fibaro homekit switches. i still don't understand how would be established a connection between the switch and the apple tv. do i need to buy a fibaro hub/controller? if i install a switch that is far about 30 meters from the apple tv it would't work or each switch can "extended" the connection, so that every switch could connect to the apple tv?

Thanks

Hello @alezanott ,

If you buy HomeKit version of Fibaro Switch 2, then connection will be established by bluetooth. Unfortunately Bluetooth cannot do Mesh (yet), so signal cannot be forwarded to another devices.

Homekit is now only Point-to-point, so i do not think Fibaro Switch 2 (Homekit one) can do 30 meters. It could be possible to do for Wi-Fi Homekit device, but it depends on WiFi network and device itself.

Regards,

Jakub

• Topic Author
  • On 7/12/2018 at 9:26 AM, jakub.jezek said:

Hello @alezanott ,

If you buy HomeKit version of Fibaro Switch 2, then connection will be established by bluetooth. Unfortunately Bluetooth cannot do Mesh (yet), so signal cannot be forwarded to another devices.

Homekit is now only Point-to-point, so i do not think Fibaro Switch 2 (Homekit one) can do 30 meters. It could be possible to do for Wi-Fi Homekit device, but it depends on WiFi network and device itself.

Regards,

Jakub

Thank you for the infos. So if i install my apple tv in the center of my house maybe i can controll all the homekit version of switches. Can the apple tv control 10 switch at the same time? DO you know approx. how many meters can reach the bluetooth transmission? thanks

Hi @alezanott,

2 minutes ago, alezanott said:

So if i install my apple tv in the center of my house maybe i can controll all the homekit version of switches

Probably.

3 minutes ago, alezanott said:

Can the apple tv control 10 switch at the same time?

Well, if you mean by scene, then it should not be a problem. But i did not dive into HomeKit that much to tell, if it uses one beam to control that amount of devices, or if it controls it one by one. But i think it's one by one.

5 minutes ago, alezanott said:

DO you know approx. how many meters can reach the bluetooth transmission?

Ok, i do not know exact numbers, but it depends on wall material, another 2,4 GHz transmissions there (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Thread, ...). But i think it can cover caa 10 meters from ATV. Maybe BLE extender can help.

But if you use HomePods or another Apple TV as HomeKit Access Point, then you should be able to cover it.

• Topic Author
  • On 7/13/2018 at 10:38 AM, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @alezanott,

Probably.

Well, if you mean by scene, then it should not be a problem. But i did not dive into HomeKit that much to tell, if it uses one beam to control that amount of devices, or if it controls it one by one. But i think it's one by one.

Ok, i do not know exact numbers, but it depends on wall material, another 2,4 GHz transmissions there (Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Thread, ...). But i think it can cover caa 10 meters from ATV. Maybe BLE extender can help.

But if you use HomePods or another Apple TV as HomeKit Access Point, then you should be able to cover it.

thank you for the quick response! i have just bought a home switch to test it. in the instruction i have read that i need to connect a load and a live wire, but here in italy we have only the live and the neutral wire connected to switches... what can i do? thanks

Hi @alezanott,

To Homekit switch, you need to connect Live (probably brown or black), Neutral (mostly blue) and Load (same as Live). See 

Please login or register to see this link.

for connection scheme.

So, if you have in installation box atleast those 3 cables, then you chould be ok.

Regards,

Jakub

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @alezanott,

To Homekit switch, you need to connect Live (probably brown or black), Neutral (mostly blue) and Load (same as Live). See 

Please login or register to see this link.

for connection scheme.

So, if you have in installation box atleast those 3 cables, then you chould be ok.

Regards,

Jakub

I have tried just now to install the switch but unfortunately it didn't work. i have used a tester on each cable and on the Q one it didn't give me nothing... on the other cables i had 20V just using one pin of the tester to check if there it is voltage. my switch is different from the one on fibaro documentations. in the box i have also some blue wires but they don't go inside the physical switch. what's wrong in my configuration? thanks you!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@alezanott,

Blue will be probably Null (N). So you need connect wire from that connector block to N terminal on Single Switch.

Then you to connect Live (L) to one of the L terminal. If you can check with tester, then it's the one with voltage.

Edit: I see you have done that.

Output should not have voltage if you completely disconnect cables.

Regarding Wall Switches, All wall switches are same in scheme. You just need to know, where IN and OUT is. In scheme posted by Fibaro it is just symbol, that there can be some Wall Switch switch.

Note: S2 on HomeKit Single Switch does not work.

Edited by jakub.jezek

• Topic Author
  • On 7/18/2018 at 9:49 AM, jakub.jezek said:

@alezanott,

Blue will be probably Null (N). So you need connect wire from that connector block to N terminal on Single Switch.

Then you to connect Live (L) to one of the L terminal. If you can check with tester, then it's the one with voltage.

Edit: I see you have done that.

Output should not have voltage if you completely disconnect cables.

Regarding Wall Switches, All wall switches are same in scheme. You just need to know, where IN and OUT is. In scheme posted by Fibaro it is just symbol, that there can be some Wall Switch switch.

Note: S2 on HomeKit Single Switch does not work.

Installed everything and it works fine! Thank you very much @jakub.jezek

On 7/20/2018 at 11:11 AM, alezanott said:

Installed everything and it works fine! Thank you very much @jakub.jezek

Ho visto dalle tue foto che hai dei deviatori...si posso usare anche pulsanti? ho provato ma con il pulsante non funziona

On 7/21/2018 at 9:00 PM, ligaor said:

Ho visto dalle tue foto che hai dei deviatori...si posso usare anche pulsanti? ho provato ma con il pulsante non funziona

Bella domanda, sono nella tua stessa situazioni. Vorrei collegarlo a in deviatore ma non sono sicuro che funzioni

• Topic Author
  • On 7/21/2018 at 9:00 PM, ligaor said:

On 7/27/2018 at 12:44 PM, Hingwye said:

Bella domanda, sono nella tua stessa situazioni. Vorrei collegarlo a in deviatore ma non sono sicuro che funzioni

testato sia su deviatore che interruttore. funziona in entrambi i casi. basta che ci sia la fase ed il neutro all'interno della scatola a muro e riuscite a collegarlo senza alcun problema. nel caso allegate delle foto così vi posso dare una mano. lo sto utilizzando da 1 settimana oramai e funziona egregiamente persino la trasmissione del segnale bluetooth a 15 metri di distanza dalla apple tv che controlla l'intera casa. fatemi sapere!

On 7/30/2018 at 3:53 PM, alezanott said:

testato sia su deviatore che interruttore. funziona in entrambi i casi. basta che ci sia la fase ed il neutro all'interno della scatola a muro e riuscite a collegarlo senza alcun problema. nel caso allegate delle foto così vi posso dare una mano. lo sto utilizzando da 1 settimana oramai e funziona egregiamente persino la trasmissione del segnale bluetooth a 15 metri di distanza dalla apple tv che controlla l'intera casa. fatemi sapere!

grazie ok..ma riesci a comandarlo da 2 punti? puoi allegare un disegno dei tuoi collegamenti?

3 hours ago, ligaor said:

grazie ok..ma riesci a comandarlo da 2 punti? puoi allegare un disegno dei tuoi collegamenti?

ho trovato questi...appena mi arrivano i nuovi switch installo e vi faccio sapere l'unico che avevo per fare dei test l'ho fatto esplodere:-)

• Like 2

On 8/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, ligaor said:

ho trovato questi...appena mi arrivano i nuovi switch installo e vi faccio sapere l'unico che avevo per fare dei test l'ho fatto esplodere:-)

Ho notato che i pulsanti Bticino serie Living con luce non funzionano...rimuovendo la luce tutto ok

Ho postato la foto della scatola del mio deviatore. Il deviatore in questione è quello di destra. Come lo collego al fibaro? Grazie

Edited by Hingwye

• 1 month later...
    On 8/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, ligaor said:

Ciao ligaor, mi confermi gentilmente che il terzo disegno è per chi, come me, accende le luci del salone da 3 punti diversi? Mentre il secondo disegno è per due punti diversi (deviatori) e il primo è per un punto solo (pulsanti)?

grazie!!!