Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can`t find HC2 after put in recovery.

HansAvlund

Question

Hello!

We recived a broken HC2 at the office. Reporting that an end-user can`t connect to the HC2. Can`t find the HC2 with Fibaro finder nor using Advanced IP Scanner (looking for a mac adress) 

I have tried using the backup IP adress: 192.168.81.1, adjustig my computer to 192.186.81.x. Still cant find it with Fibaro Finder / Advanced IP Scanner.

Tried regular boot multiple times with and without Recovery Stick plugged in. When I did regular boot. ONLY the power LED was lit up.

And yes, I know the ethernet port I used has a direct connection to my computer. (As i use it on a daily basis.)

Any suggestions on this? Is there some sort of "Quick fix"? Or do Fibaro need to take a look at this.

Thanks!

Best regards Hans

4 answers to this question

Try to connect a monitor to it, and check for error messages...

Check the "network.conf" file found on the recovery stick.
If the file's contents look like this:
type = Staticip addressIP = 192.168.81.1 mask = 255.255.255.0 gateway = 192.168.81.1 dns = 192.168.81.1

then change the text to:
type = DHCP

Then try reboot the box with the recovery stick mounted.

This applies if your HC2 has not been upgraded to version 4.50X beta. If it has been upgraded, the recovery stick has no longer a function to fill.

I had the same problem.

In my case, the HC2 was getting its IP address via DHCP when it was in recovery mode - despite the fact that, in normal mode, the HC2 was set to a fixed IP address.

So once I found out which address the HC2 was assigned to, I could connect via the browser.

You can check your router or DHCP server which address lease it provided to the HC2. I guess the Fibaro finder should give you that information as well, but I didn't try that.