Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Bartvv

Question

Hello,

I have a HC2 and use it in combination with Iphones. 

It worked really perfect for almost two years. Suddeny, 3-4 months ago, the iphone app lost the login information. Typing in my login details to the server and my HC2 was sufficiant to get connected again but after some time (hours or days) it happening again.

We have 4 iphones connected and they started having the same problem more or less at the same moment. So it maybe has to do with an app-update or with an Ios update but until now I couldn't find a way to get this under control. It is really enoying and time consuming to logon to both systems each time when I want to use to app. It also looses all settings each time (like touch ID, ...). My HC2 is up-to-date (no beta release).

Just to be clear : the system as such (lights, gates, scenes, ....) are all working perfect without any problem. It's only the remote access from Iphone that keeps resetting all the time. 

Here is what I already tried to get it resolved (without success)

- Re-installed the app

- Deleted all iphones from the HC2 - changed password to something even more complex - re-installed app on iphone

- updated iphone recently to last release

Does someone already had the same issue or can someone help me further ? I really don't have a clue anymore what else I can try to resolve this. 

Many thanks in advance,

Bart

Hello Bart, I just ran into your message and I can report the same issue. My wife's iPhone is losing its Fibaro app login time after time while my Fibaro app on my iPhone is working fine, never have to enter my login for the Fibaro cloud or our homecenter in the app.

I always thought that my wife is doing something wrong... but your message confirms that there may be something wrong in the password handling of the iOS Fibaro app.

So I will follow this conversation and hopefully an answer will come soon.

You are not the only one experiencing this.

Greetz Patrick 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Patrick for your feedback. 

It is interesting that you have the issue on only one of the two iphones. That makes it possible to compare things in the hope to find a difference.  

- Are these similar iphones ?

- Are they both on the same iOS release ?

- Are they both on the same fibaro app version ?

We are running iOS 11.4.1 but the issue started already while I was on the previous version.  So the last update didn't resolve it.

We have iPhone 6 and 6s

If you can provide any feedback about the versions and phone types than we can probably already exclude more things.

Best regards

Bart

• Inquirer
  • Thank you all for the feedback.

Based on the above input seems that it happens on all different types and versions of iphone and iOS. 

Looks like it all started after the last upgrade of the Fibaro App. Just wondering why it doens't impact 'all' iphone users. 

Maybe Fibaro shoud come into the picture to help here ? Will see if I can open a ticket in the hope we get a correct and helpful answer. 

If I can find something I will post it here.

All input is still more than welcome !

Bart

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem with a iPhone X :(

It seems like only the login credentials of the HC2 are lost.

After putting in the login credentials the Fibaro ID is still configured.

• Inquirer
  • I tried something else yesterday.

Not sure yet if it will resolve the issue but I don't want to wait for sharing it already so you can start trying the same. 

Suddenly I didn't see any temperatures anymore (except on one device instead of about 10). Removing and reïnstalling the app by keep pushing the icon and press the x didn't solve it. 

Due to this I remembered that by deleting an app this way the local data remains on the device. So I deleted the fibaro app from settings\General\IPhone Storage (than selected "Delete App") to get everything related to the app removed from my iPhone.

Guess what .... the temperature issue was resolved. 

If we have some luck it maybe resolved the issue of loosing login info as well at the same time ? 

If this caused the issue, than we have a good explanation why the same release works well on some devices but not on others ....

Maybe all of you can try this as well.

If it didn't resolve it I will come back to let you know. 

If it still works after more than a week I will report it as well.

Kind regards

Bart

• Like 1

+1 for this problem on my iPhone 6s with IOS 11.4.1 and Fibaro app 2.23.1. My wifes iPhone 7 with IOS 11.4.1 is not affected.

This is driving me crazy, especially since it does this at random (can be hours or days) and for example when you need to turn off the lights from the Apple Watch, the damn iPhone app has lost it's settings and you need to login and reactivate the widget and Apple Watch privacy settings and select all the scenes you want displayed all over again (takes about 3-4 minutes). Seriously, this is killing the purpose of this app.

Already tried to reinstall the app a few times, doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

On 8/2/2018 at 1:10 PM, Christiaan said:

I have the same problem with a iPhone X :(

It seems like only the login credentials of the HC2 are lost.

After putting in the login credentials the Fibaro ID is still configured.

I deleted the app and data on my iPhone X through the settings menu.

There was no data on my phone.

I installed the app again and configured it.

Today I opened the app and again the login screen appaered. :(

• Inquirer
  • Hi all,

short update. About 6 days ago I deleted the fibaro app on my iphone from (settings\General\IPhone Storage). Until today I kept working. Let's hope it remains like this.

What I also did already prior to re-installing the app this way was removing all smartphones from the Fibaro interface and I also changed the password of my account (strong enough). 

Maybe the combination of all the above brings the solution ? 

6 days is a bit to short to say that the issue is gone but until today it's looking good. Let's cross fingers ... :-)

I will provide updates any way with good or less good news :-D

Bart

I can now confirm that reinstall from settings didn’t fix the issue for me. I didn’t remove iPhone from settings so that’s next thing to try when i get home from vacation. Crossing my fingers for Bart’s solution

Horn 

On 8/7/2018 at 2:09 PM, Christiaan said:

I deleted the app and data on my iPhone X through the settings menu.

There was no data on my phone.

I installed the app again and configured it.

Today I opened the app and again the login screen appaered. :(

Could it be that it has something to do with the widgets in iOS?

I configured it 2 times on my iPhone X and lost the credentials.

The last time I didn't configure the widhets in iOS and haven't lost the credentials to this date.

• Inquirer
  • Just to inform you that it is stable now (on all iphones) for more than 2 weeks. 

So let me summarize what I did because it is maybe a combination of different things.

- I deleted all iphones from the fibaro accesscontrol page under settings

- I changed the Fibaro ID Password (to something quite complicated)

- Restarted the HC2

- Deleted the app (from settings\storage) + all local data

- restarted the iphone

- re-installed the app

In the meantime I did also upgrade the HC2 to the latest release but it has worked fine with the previous version as well during more than a week. So not sure if that had an influence. But any way. The new release has so many good things that I would advice to upgrae anyway. 

Hope that this issue gets resolved for all of you as well by trying the same ….

Succes !

Bart

On 8/12/2018 at 3:07 PM, Christiaan said:

Could it be that it has something to do with the widgets in iOS?

I configured it 2 times on my iPhone X and lost the credentials.

The last time I didn't configure the widhets in iOS and haven't lost the credentials to this date.

After my last action above I haven’t lost the credentials to this date.

Jakub Boch 22 Aug 18

Hello,

Thank you very much for your email.

We’re aware of this issue and we’ve already forwarded it to our engineers, who are currently working on resolving it as soon as possible. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience it caused but I have to ask you for a little more patience.

Issue is related to changes due to GDPR. For now you can set PIN to app, thanks to that you won’t have to use login and password each time, but you just unlock the app using PIN code.

To set PIN code please, open the app, go to settings, slide down option list at the end you will find “Ulock code” option. Please turn it on and set 4digit PIN code.

I hope I was able to answer to your query.

-- 
    Pozdrawiam / Regards, 

Jakub Boch 
    Technical Support Engineer 

Fibar Group S.A. 
    ul. Lotnicza 1 
    60-421 Poznań 
    Poland 

Email: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Tel: +48 61 880 1000 
    Web: 

NIP: 781 185 80 97 
    KRS: 0000553265 
    KZ: 1.063.850,00 PLN

19 Aug 18

After the last updates from Fibaro this summer(I think GPDR update) I now need to make full login on my Iphone each time it have been powered down. The Iphone seems not to remember login information after power down. The new login procedure seems like way overhead security and it makes the Fibaro app useless. First I am asked to make Fibaro Login. Next step is to login to the actual Fibaro controller. I do not remember all codes and therefor have to make a look up a place where I hide the logins. This happens every time the Iphone have been powered down. All other apps on my Iphone do not act in this way. My Iphone have a general access code using fingerprint. And it gives me access to all other apps on my phone, also after a power down procedure.

Please help me to make my Fibaro App useful again?

Same problems with two iPhones (iPhone 6 & 7) in my family. It drives me & us crazy. So please a good solution in short notice!

Edited by Vulture
    Typos