Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Reminder to take out the garbage

gruberb

Question

Hi folks,

As I regularly forget to bring the garbage (plastic, paper, waste) out the day it is collected, I thought it might be good to get a reminder that day (about once a month, but irregular pick ups based on a print calendar).

I want to use the door sensor at the main door as trigger and have a list of dates which are checked. Then the variable for Sonos_Music is set and played.

But this would be triggering every time I open the front door, so I want to limit it to one time between say 7:00 and 9:00.

How can I do this?

I've converted a Blockscene into LUA and deleted the time out of the scheduler line, cause this would only work if I open the door at the exact time.

What I also don't understand is the second almost identical code generated automatically when switching to LUA, cause this never had the time in it, just the date. It confused the one that is too simple that he needs a reminder for the garbage.

Heres my code so far - Any hint/help is very much appreciated.

Please login or register to see this code.

2 answers to this question

in the netherlands we have a website where you can find when the garbage is collected, even if this is changed because of christmas etc.

if there is something like this in youre country you can use a webscraper to get the correct info.

(i use this with homeseer and 1 one day before i get an email what it is they are collecting (just garbage or green (leaves etc))

Good idea, I'll put this one on my HA to do list. Lucky for me here in Australia the rubbish and recycling bins are picked up always in the same day of the week regardless that day falls on Christmas Day or other.

I remember Athom Homey has an app for this.

Anyway, perhaps you could perhaps create a Global Variable which is set TRUE (or 1) when the door is opened in between 7.00 and 9.00. And have this in your condition, once that Global Variable is TRUE then do not trigger SONOS again. After time is past 9.00 the set that variable back to FALSE (or 0) so it is ready for next collection day.

Edited by danone1973