Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Changed Lua Code

amatt

Question

before upgrading to the latest Beta I had a simple scene that turned on and off my desk light whenever I sat down or got up (see below). this does have Hue light Bulbs. 

if 
 tonumber(fibaro:getValue(189, "value")) == 0
then
  fibaro:call(118, "setSlider", "2", "100")
  fibaro:debug("Desk Light on");

elseif

tonumber(fibaro:getValue(189, "value")) == 1
    then

fibaro:call(118, "setSlider", "2", "0")
    fibaro:debug("Desk Light off");

end

since upgrading now when I sit down the light does not come on ( I did not change any code). so I changed the code to this to make the light come on every 10 seconds. I don't want it to check every 10 seconds I want it to be instant like before I upgraded. Can anyone help? ps. if this code can be redone entirely please let me know how I am not the best at coding yet I am trying my best. thank you!

--[[
%% autostart
%% globals
--]]

fibaro:debug("Waiting...")

while true do

if 
 tonumber(fibaro:getValue(189, "value")) == 0
then
  fibaro:call(118, "setSlider", "2", "100")
  fibaro:debug("Desk Light on");
    fibaro:sleep(10000);

elseif

tonumber(fibaro:getValue(189, "value")) == 1
    then

fibaro:call(118, "setSlider", "2", "0")
    fibaro:debug("Desk Light off");
    fibaro:sleep(10000);

end

end

16 answers to this question

your code should (must) works

Please login or register to see this code.

btw.

if motion value ==1

if no motion value == 0 

Edited by 10der

• Inquirer
  • @10der yeah it still does not work properly. I tried about everything I know. The only way I have somewhat have it working is by doing a do while true. but it keeps printing my debug every 1 second. 

Ок

Just run this

Edited by 10der

• Inquirer
  • Get the Following....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 7/31/2018 at 2:30 PM, amatt said:

before upgrading to the latest Beta I had a simple scene that turned on and off my desk light whenever I sat down or got up (see below). this does have Hue light Bulbs

Please try your original script, but add fibaro:sleep(250) after the header and before the "if". So right at the start of the script, to delay the execution of that script a little bit.

• Inquirer
  • @10der

i changed it to V. the result is 0 when sitting down and ran it again while off the chair got a result of 1.

you have to remember that this is a door sensor. 0 is "door" closed (aka when i am sitting down) 1 is "door" open (aka when not sitting down)

@Sankotronic thanks i removed it

@petergebruers i added fibaro:sleep(250) to the code but no difference. still have to run it manually to make it change

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ah!

Your header is missing a trigger right now, it should be like this:

Tip: do CTRL-A then SHIFT-TAB in the scene editor (code part), and your text will auto-flow. It will look nicer and also be easier to read.

The %%autostart seems optional to me, it means "run once, at boot" and "run once, when you save".

The weird thing is, you have said:

On 7/31/2018 at 2:30 PM, amatt said:

before upgrading to the latest Beta I had a simple scene that turned on and off my desk light whenever I sat down or got up

I wonder if you had accidentally removed that: "233 value" line while debugging your original problem. Because all versions need that line, it must have been there previously.

• Inquirer
  • @petergebruers thanks for the tip. i tried your suggestion for the trigger but no luck still does the same thing. 

What is device 233? What is it connected to, eg a switch? I am trying to understand what starts the scene.

• Inquirer
  • it is a door sensor that runs to a pressure sensor. that is it.

5 hours ago, amatt said:

it is a door sensor that runs to a pressure sensor. that is it.

Nice idea!

Then it must be the old FGK-101 because the new D/W version does not have an input. Maybe you get too many on/off events from this sensor? Issues with multiple instances? I do not know...

Thinking out of the box... You can set parameter 14 "scene activation" to 1 then wake up the device.

Then trigger on this instead of value, like:

You can also detect click/double click/hold - it i in the manual.

Have you ever used sceneActivation before?

• Inquirer
  • @petergebruers no none of those issues came about. I worked perfect before don't know what would have changed to cause this. 

I have never used sceneActivatino before.

@Sankotronic do you have any ides?

Hi @amatt ,

I have just tested scene on my test HC2(4.510) with DW sensor ID:189 and my Philips HUE VD ID:118 and this code work just fine:

NOTE - I didn't use external contact with DW sensor but magnet. That should not make any difference since they are both triggering same. If your DW sensor is reachable maybe you can test with magnet just to see that it works properly because there is a chance that something get wrong with connection between DW sensor and pressure sensor?

If you still don't get light turned on with above code but debug lines are OK then maybe you should check VD that controls light?

BTW In your first post you used sensor device with ID 189, but then later you change it to 233? Why device ID was changed later?

• Inquirer
  • @Sankotronic your code is now working correctly. Do not know why it was not taking mine correctly.

yeah it was 189 but then I removed it and re-added it back that gave it a new id of 233.

Thanks for Everyone's help!