Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Control Fibaro from Facebook

jakub.jezek

Question

Just found out today by browsing Fibaro knowledge base. For now it works in EN lang only.

Link to Fibaro knowledge base:

Please login or register to see this link.

Link to bot app:

Please login or register to see this link.

Screenshots:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

11 answers to this question

This looks nice on the surface! Has anyone figured out if it is possible to control virtual devices?

Edited by Ros

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Ros,

Just after quick peak to FAQ in KB article (posted in 1st post of this topic) i found following statement:

So no, you cannot control virtual devices. It is shame though, since e.g. Philips HUE works better with @Sankotronic VD, than with Fibaro Plugin.

Regards,

Jakub

I though I could install this thing for my wife, since she has iPhone X and is constantly logged out from the Fibaro app...

I thought if the app does not work, may be this thing works...

"List devices" gets me the list ... VDs don't work, but ok...

"List scenes" gets me..."The list of all scenes is empty. How else can I help You?

All my scenes are in Lua and it appears this bot cannot fire any Lua scenes...

• Inquirer
  • 31 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

@jakub.jezek use scene with VD

That is true. I forgot to mention that. My answer to @Ros, was meant for using solely virtual device, without making it into scene.

BTW, when you plan to make anouncement of that Messenger bot. I cannot find any?

All users will be able to use it with 4.510, soon more good info (I wonder how many of then you will find before our official info about them)

• Inquirer
  • @A.Socha, i found it accidentally by "stepping on it" while browsing Fibaro KB for Fibaro ID info i was not sure about.

Also, it make sense, since some people using Facebook Messenger for SMS. It gives feeling that user control Fibaro via SMS.

Edited by jakub.jezek

3 hours ago, A.Socha said:

All users will be able to use it with 4.510, soon more good info (I wonder how many of then you will find before our official info about them)

cool, it does works with 4.510, i had some issues before i recognized that having more than one HCx reuigeres to select which HC has to be controlled. It was able even to use special characters, nice (ohh NICE FIBARO)

Edited by tinman

On 8/2/2018 at 5:38 PM, tinman said:

cool, it does works with 4.510, i had some issues before i recognized that having more than one HCx reuigeres to select which HC has to be controlled. It was able even to use special characters, nice (ohh NICE FIBARO)

HELLO , i HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.

I GET THE MESSAGE :SORRY ,SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND I COULD n'T FIND ANY DEVICES TRY AGAIN SOON.

I DON'T SEE MY HOME CENTER.

HOW I CAN FINDMY HOMECENTER IN MESSENGER

• Inquirer
  • On 8/2/2018 at 5:38 PM, tinman said:

It was able even to use special characters, nice (ohh NICE FIBARO) 

For non-voice control i love to use unicodes :-D. it tells me if e.g. Wall Plug is Lamp or just regullar wall plug for all kind of devices.

Edited by jakub.jezek