Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Missing LAN settings after recovery

Jimpec

Question

Just bought a second hand HCL unit and got it today.

At first I could not connect to it via my home network - after a while I managed to reach the recovery console (through direct PC and IP 192.168.81.1)and did a full recovery on it.

Now that I want to change network settings to DHCP from the config menu all choices are gone.. blank..  Tried to recover 3 times now with same result. 

Any hints or tips on how to fix this? Is it possible to get hold of an older firmware and recover from file perhaps. 

The device is in 4.504 Beta..

Would appreciate any help on this.

Picture..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

16 answers to this question

Got the exact same problem. I've upgraded to the latest version (4.510) and the HC2 is stuck on a static IP setup (192.168.81.1). 

I can connect to the HC2, but get an empty 'network settings' menu so I can't change it back to DHCP. 

The network file on the recovery USB stick is saying DHCP, but no reboot or recovery is able to get it into DHCP mode. 

Any idea's ? 

Since 1.8.2018, my remote access does not work. In the Wi-Fi network, I connect to HCL on both the mobile and the PC, outside the wi-fi network, which is also HCL, is not a remote connection. I did not change anything, did not set anything in either the router or HCL, nothing at all. It just stopped doing nothing. What with this? Where is the problem? Everybody puts their hands away and I do not enjoy it, the whole system is nothing! HELP!!!

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, Geert said:

Got the exact same problem. I've upgraded to the latest version (4.510) and the HC2 is stuck on a static IP setup (192.168.81.1). 

I can connect to the HC2, but get an empty 'network settings' menu so I can't change it back to DHCP. 

The network file on the recovery USB stick is saying DHCP, but no reboot or recovery is able to get it into DHCP mode. 

Any idea's ? 

Geert, I experience exact the same issue, no options to select in dropdown menu within Lan settings. I can't make a backup because at the it says that there is an error encrypting the backup file.

and I can't select an older backup as they became incompatible.

So I am desperate at this moment. I just opened a topic about this.

Rob (Netherlands)

Edited by Robvw_ehv

On 8/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, Jimpec said:

At first I could not connect to it via my home network - after a while I managed to reach the recovery console (through direct PC and IP 192.168.81.1)and did a full recovery on it.

Now that I want to change network settings to DHCP from the config menu all choices are gone.. blank..  Tried to recover 3 times now with same result. 

Any hints or tips on how to fix this? Is it possible to get hold of an older firmware and recover from file perhaps. 

Picture..

Thank you for the tip to use default address 192.168.81.1.

Connected and after changing language from English to Dutch made the LAN settings available to me. I'm using the 4.510 firmware.

Kind regards, Paul

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, ps1 said:

Connected and after changing language from English to Dutch made the LAN settings available to me. I'm using the 4.510 firmware.

Kind regards, Paul

Happy that the information turned out useful to you.

I got at total rapid crashcourse in HCL setup the day I got my first HCL that had been restored for too long and thus entered into "fixed IP mode".

I got the HCL to work well but realised soon that I needed a HC2 some Im already on that now.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, Jimpec said:

Picture..

2 hours ago, ps1 said:

Kind regards, Paul

Just tried, but changing language for me didn't bring back the LAN settings. Any order tips from anyone ? 

Cheers

Geert

• Inquirer
  • Just simply do an ordinary reboot by turning it off with the button. Wait. Then on again. No pressing buttons while start and so on.. 

Make sure to clear browser cache after changing language. Home Center kinda always have this caching issue since many many versions ago hence we make it a habit to clear browser cache.

4 hours ago, chaicka said:

Make sure to clear browser cache after changing language. Home Center kinda always have this caching issue since many many versions ago hence we make it a habit to clear browser cache.

Clearing the cache didn't make any difference for me

5 hours ago, Jimpec said:

Just simply do an ordinary reboot by turning it off with the button. Wait. Then on again. No pressing buttons while start and so on.. 

Reboot by turning off doesn't work

please find the solution give by Fibaro support for resolve problem of DHCP no posible to select

It looks like your gateway lost LAN setting and you need to manually restore them via API.

1) Please log in to the system.

2) Please go to api using below command:

Home Center IP address/docs (i.e. 192.168.81.1/docs

2) From the list choose Settings and find option:

PUT/settings/network

3) Put below body:

{
    “dhcp”: false,
    “ip”: “192.168.81.1”,
    “mask”: “255.255.255.0”,
    “gateway”: “192.168.81.1”,
    “dns”: “192.168.81.1”,
    “remoteAccess”: true,
    “remoteAccessSupport”: 0
    }

Copy above settings into body and send them to your gateway. After you send this, please wait few seconds for system to respond.

4) Now go to the interface, refresh it and check are your LAN settings visible in the system.

5) If everything is OK, now you can set DHCP connection type and save it. After that connect your HCL to your router- now router should find your HCl and gives it new IP address.
    You can also set some other static IP (according to reservation on you router).

6) After you connect your HCL with the router, please set correct data on your gateway. Go to Configuration  Location  Set Date and Time, choose Manually settings and set correct data and save it (system should reboot automatically).

if not ok , you can try with in step 3

{
      "dhcp": true,
      "ip": "",
      "mask": "",
      "gateway": "",
      "dns": "",
      "remoteAccess": true,
      "remoteAccessSupport": 0
    }

daniel

On 10/12/2018 at 11:06 PM, daniel62330 said:

please find the solution give by Fibaro support for resolve problem of DHCP no posible to select

It looks like your gateway lost LAN setting and you need to manually restore them via API.

1) Please log in to the system.

2) Please go to api using below command:

Home Center IP address/docs (i.e. 192.168.81.1/docs

2) From the list choose Settings and find option:

PUT/settings/network

3) Put below body:

{
    “dhcp”: false,
    “ip”: “192.168.81.1”,
    “mask”: “255.255.255.0”,
    “gateway”: “192.168.81.1”,
    “dns”: “192.168.81.1”,
    “remoteAccess”: true,
    “remoteAccessSupport”: 0
    }

Copy above settings into body and send them to your gateway. After you send this, please wait few seconds for system to respond.

4) Now go to the interface, refresh it and check are your LAN settings visible in the system.

5) If everything is OK, now you can set DHCP connection type and save it. After that connect your HCL to your router- now router should find your HCl and gives it new IP address.
    You can also set some other static IP (according to reservation on you router).

6) After you connect your HCL with the router, please set correct data on your gateway. Go to Configuration  Location  Set Date and Time, choose Manually settings and set correct data and save it (system should reboot automatically).

if not ok , you can try with in step 3

{
      "dhcp": true,
      "ip": "",
      "mask": "",
      "gateway": "",
      "dns": "",
      "remoteAccess": true,
      "remoteAccessSupport": 0
    }

daniel

i tried it but somehow it didn't work at first...it said something was wrong. restarted everything and then it worked! Thanks. Was looking for a solution forever.
    In the End it's just not understandable how something like this can even happen. And worse, support was no support to me. At least in Germany...well hopefully the F... up is over.

Hey guys 

I have tried the solution above but i get the following error.

Response Body

Please login or register to see this code.

Response Code

Please login or register to see this code.

anybody can help me with that, my server is been down for couple of days since the last firmware update?