Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wake Up Notification

Geo_

Question

How do I make the Motion Sensor send a Wake Up Notification?

I've tried single pressing and triple pressing the b button, but nothing happens.  I have a zniffer so I can see nothing happening.  Single press sends Application data, and triple press sends a NIF and puts it in learn mode.

4 answers to this question

I did it with tripple press (manual states single). It takes a few seconds and the "eye" turns blue like the inclusion mode. I just waited and after another minutes the wake-up was visible in HC2.

• Inquirer
  • It goes blue when I triple press, but no Wake up Notification.   It does send a Node Information Frame though, perhaps that's what HC2 is reacting to.  Unfortunately my controller ignores NIFS, and is waiting for a proper Wake Up.

• Inquirer
  • I've had to work around this by writing a script to react to NIFs instead of Wake Up Notifications.   I think you could probably call this a bug, although I guess the device does technically "wake up", it's just not waking up in the true Z-Wave sense.

Another weird thing I've got happening is that I've set Association Group 1 to the gateway (node 1), and association group 2 to a switch, controlling a lamp.   But when triggered the Motion Sensor is sending Basic Set messages to the gateway, and Sensor Alarm Reports to the switch!

Do people find this product is working ok for them? 

I have the same problem today with the one in my Kitchen.  Whatever I try, it still reports :  "Waiting for wake up"  

See my snapshot............  I also note a little padlock on the header.  Does this indicate that the PIR is locked and if so, how would I unlock it.

This PIR last picked up movement yesterday 18h06 and then for some reason it froze.  When I then tries to soft reconfigure it,  it is asking for wake up.

This same unit had precisely the same problem a few weeks ago and I had great trouble removing it and re-include it.  I just cannot bear the thought of doing hours worth of work every few weeks.

HELP!!!! please

Thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.