Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Pool heating and circulation control

tiptopbones

Question

Good morning.

I'll apologise now if this is the wrong place to post this.

As part of our HC2 we have a FGS-222 Double relay switch with channel one connected to a contactor controlling a pool pump and channel two connected to a boiler control. Until now the system had been used purely as a time clock for running the pump and boiler at set times with the temp control of the boiler being carried out by a thermostat. This worked fine as the timeclock control meant we got the correct number of filtering hours per day to maintain water clarity bu the manual thermostat did not provide accurate water temp control.

I recently installed a Qubino thermostat with a temp probe directly in the pool water giving us a more accurate picture of the actual water temp. I then setup a heating zone using the Heating panel in HC2 using the Qubino as the thermostat and the FGS-222 controlling the pump and boiler as before. This solution works great for temperature control but is not allowing my timeclock control of the FGS-222 channel 1 to work correctly. Using a scene setup as I had previously to run the pump between certain hours, the pump starts but only remains on for a very short period until the Heating panel control turns it back off again if the pool is at the setpoint temperature.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can achieve controlling my filtering time? During the winter this probably wont be an issue as the pump and boiler will be on for large periods of the day to maintain the water temp but at time like now when the weather is warm the pool temp does not really drop so I am getting virtually no circulation time.

I hope that this makes sense, if not I apologise again as this is my first time posting

2 answers to this question

I have solution for swimming pool pump running without heating. I have copied timer from Aqua Water System T Control 1 so I can run filtering in Automatic mode which depends on water temperature or on the timer that can be set by me. Of course if heating is included then you have to combine control of the filtering with heating so that pump is running during heating, but also don't stop if filtering still has to run.

If you are willing to share your current code with me I can improve my system with heating and send it back to you.

I also recommend not to use heating panel for this but to use exclusively code (scene + VD)