Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Control Switch voltages

rjstott

Question

i am curious to know the voltage used to control the S1 terminals. With a meter it reads around 30V. If it is not 240VAC then connecting the control could be done with much lower specification cable and the switch could be remote from the control point (i.e. Termination Frame). This would resolve Bluetooth communication issues? Does anyone know what this connection is?

Edited by rjstott

1 answer to this question

• Inquirer
  • Seems that the switching control voltage is 240V. The current would be very low so insulation on the wires is important AND the voltage is lethal. I can still remote the switches and because there is no serious current in the control circuit, distance between a physical switch and the Fibaro is not a factor. BUT distance from the controlled device might be if it was much more than a light bulb. So, for me I will keep the Fibaro switches in a control cabinet and that should provide excellent Bluetooth connectivity.