Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Assistant vs Alexa

Ros

Question

Which one is currently better for a Fibaro-based smart home setup? I am considering to buy a few units and would appreciate opinions of people who tried both and can compare!

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hi, I have Alexa for several months. It works quite well, sees and interacts with most of my devices. Most, because for the satel alarm and his devices or doorlock I had to work out a workaround, but overall it works very well. In addition, I synchronize it with ifttt and here flawlessly. With Google, for a few days I check its Polish version on the phone and so far it works very poorly. He practically found only lights and a few devices, and when I start all the lights in a room, he runs all the devices in the room, etc. Maybe it is a clarifying the commands. Maybe I still have to work on it and give it as much time as Alexa ;)

Edited by nadol

I bought one for my kitchen and it works well with Fibaro, particulars handed to say “Alexa, turn the kitchen lights off” as you walk out the door carrying a tray with dinner on.  Saves me jabbing at the door switch with my elbow.   I’ve since bought some more echo dots for other parts of my home.

• Inquirer
  • I ended up with 5 google homes (minis and hubs). Here are my reasons for going with Google:

• Better understanding of accents of non-native speakers of English (beats the others in all tests)
    • More languages that any other voice assistant and bi-lingual mode
    • Better integration with IFTTT (I don't have to say 'trigger')
    • All my systems are supported by Google
    • Amazon ecosystem is not present in my country (and no plans for it)
    • Like 1

this is an old thread, which I am picking up... but, I think - these questions are pretty relevant in many places, even now...

here is my input :

we have several customers who use - Alexa, GoogleA & Siri... simultaneously and in the same setup - with multiple units of Alexa & GoogleA operating in different rooms, at the same time...

The way it is being done - using Skaro automationbridge - It takes care of all the Voice assistant platforms... Siri, Alexa & Google... so you will be able to make use of any/all - including those new devices/units which are getting launched by these digital assistant platforms...

These skills are also available from Fibaro when the devices are being setup... you can use them also....