Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

sensitive strips

Hi, I need some help regarding the possible conection of sensitive strips with the fibaro wall plug.

Is it possible to connect the sensitive strips (https://www.stripsbysensative.com) direct to the wall plug without any additional unit?

Thanks for your feedback

Hi @1312,

the short answer is: No. Every Z-wve device needs a gateway to communicate with other Z-wave devices.

6 hours ago, Bodyart said:

Every Z-wve device needs a gateway to communicate with other Z-wave devices.

This is not strictly true if you include device associations as they allow you to connect one device directly to another without going through the controller... an example would be double tkb wall switch 'associated' with a wall plug connected to a lamp .....as far as I know these will work with the controller off ...

Not sure what @1312 is trying to do and if it is relevant....

2 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

This is not strictly true 

this is not strictly true as well, when using zwave devices with lifeline in e.g. group 3, one can associate other devices to group 1 and 2, and the sending module will control them immediately and get timeout on group 3. When using zwave plus, with lifeline on group 1, one will get delay due to timeout with group 1, but it will work as well. However, both solutions are out of spec. We sold tons of such simple combinations and never got issues, but only with zwave modules with lifeline on higher group than the one wish to use to control other devices. For zwave plus devices we always using something as controller, e.g. Nodon or usb stick (yes, preprogrammed and hidden somewhere hehe).

10 hours ago, 1312 said:

Hi, I need some help regarding the possible connection of sensitive strips with the fibaro wall plug.

no, that will not work

@tinman I think it's possible to remove the controller association completely to get around the delay problem, I have done that before and it seems to work.

Read the descriptions of the categories:

Forum

Do you have a suggestions about the Forum? Any comments about the Forum? This is the place!

Your thread does not belong to the category.