Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

timers scenes periodical;y fail with error

10der

Question

Hi!

Software Version:4.510

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by 10der

6 answers to this question

i though this 4 days ago, so changed my "problematic" scene a bit (nil compare, predefined and not changed check added, tcp call separated and check added) and it runs since 4 days. I added two control scenes as well, one checking two sensor values over api.get, doing some math and writing result in log, another one stepping up/down values and writing to temp sensor - both runs at 1min loop since 4 days, no errors / missing values. Did i used this time something what i have used before? Yes. Did i had issues with such simple scene before? No. But it works now, so general statement "timer scene fail periodically" is wrong, unless you have such scene which fail:

I know, that means one have to do some extra work and change lazy scenes to never fail anything within loop, but is not that good idea anyway?

Hi @tinman ,

I have a "time of day" scene which seems to have the same mechanism as the one in your example (loop every one minute), and this scene crashes every few hours.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_08/Fail.JPG.7cb42750b1ccb37dce086ff3b533fb83.JPG" style="width:641px;" width="677" alt="Fail.JPG.7cb42750b1ccb37dce086ff3b533fb83.JPG" />

As I cant write advanced/complex LUA scenes from scratch myself I found this script somewhere on the net.

And this scene has been running perfectly for nearly a year for me, but after last OS update to 4.510 its stopping every few hours.

I am able to write some simple lua scripts and do some simple editing in the more complex scenes but I don't have a clue how to solve this to make it run reliable again.

Can you help me with this? or guide me in the right direction?

LUA script:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks in advance,

Remi

Same issue here :( getGlobalValue or the value of a sensor return "nil" after the update :(

I have made some quick solution with the following:

off course change Sensor to whatever you like, this solves 99% of the nil values because it only happens every now and then.

Next to that I have a fail-safe scene to check other scenes:

although dirty it does the job

Anybody else solved the nil issue without workarounds such as this? 

Edited by sve

1 hour ago, sve said:

Anybody else solved the nil issue without workarounds such as this? 

actually it is always good idea to check results before using them, yes, it can make code slower, but it prevents from "surprising results"