Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

DISABLE UPDATE VERSION HOME CENTER

khakha2701

Hello Everyone.

I have a question.

My customer take a trouble with updating new version. They want to off update for home center. I found many way to disable update, but all were failure. Can you help me to disable update, please?

Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

@khakha2701 , what seems to be an issue?

Do you mean that you started the update and you want to stop the update process?

Or

Do you mean that you do not want to be informed about the available update? Where exactly: browser or app?

• Topic Author
  • @T.Konopka ,
    I don't want to be informed about the available update in my mobile app and brower (off the update mode in my Home Center 2).

• Thanks 1

THIS, I agree on 100%!

Stop asking all apps and users to upgrade, we all have customers/wifes/children and so on using this system.

There is always a reminder for Upgrade/Cookies/

Please login or register to see this link.

/and what not.
    This is facing especially end users, who should not have to deal with this.
    We "who installs and manages this systems" are obviously aware of potential upgrades and updated policies and what have you.

You can easily send out a mail to registered users to inform about new or changed things, we don't need that information out in the public domain,
    showing on a big demo screen, or wife's app, that you have to agree to something for the 50't time !

Please login or register to see this attachment.

ADMIN'S NOTE: Add the image according to the guide.

Edited by T.Konopka
    https://forum.fibaro.com/topic/30009-how-to-properly-attach-images-and-clips-to-your-posts/
    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2018 at 9:09 AM, Soft said:

THIS, I agree on 100%!

Stop asking all apps and users to upgrade, we all have customers/wifes/children and so on using this system.

There is always a reminder for Upgrade/Cookies/

/and what not.
    This is facing especially end users, who should not have to deal with this.
    We "who installs and manages this systems" are obviously aware of potential upgrades and updated policies and what have you.

You can easily send out a mail to registered users to inform about new or changed things, we don't need that information out in the public domain,
    showing on a big demo screen, or wife's app, that you have to agree to something for the 50't time !

Please login or register to see this attachment.

AMEN!!

ADMIN'S NOTE:

Don’t – Quote an entire article or another user’s post.

Do – Quote the exact sentence or short paragraph that you want to discuss.

Edited by T.Konopka
    https://forum.fibaro.com/topic/29930-do%E2%80%99s-and-don%E2%80%99ts-of-the-community/
    • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

you can disable network-access for HC2 in your Router so it can not see the update. thats what I ended up with.

Bonus: HC2 does not send this gigabytes of data back home.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, hanswurst said:

you can disable network-access for HC2 in your Router so it can not see the update. thats what I ended up with.

Bonus: HC2 does not send this gigabytes of data back home.

But you will lose remote access then ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the contribution here.

I'd like to address the issue you are reporting.

The notification is showed only for the SuperUser account, so only one user in the system can perform the update. If any of you saw the notification for a regular user, please report it right away - a screen shot will suffice.

If you are an installer and a client does not have a lot of tech savvy then create a regular user account for the mobile devices used for access and those around the house/apartment.

We will not disable the notification about a system update completely - sorry, but it won't happen.

Moreover, the notification is, in my opinion, clear enough and the SKIP button is there as well so... what can we do to make it clearer?

On 8/28/2018 at 9:09 AM, Soft said:

I apologize, but I do not get this part. Firstly, the email can be easily overlooked and the system itself is the means to inform users about updates - because you can act on the spot (update or skip). Secondly, I do not get the reference to "public domain". What do you mean by that? Finally, the agreement to the terms is necessary as users consent to the changes introduced in the system by accepting the terms.

I am moving the thread as it does not relate directly to the 4.510 update.

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Ok, the user account thing makes sense, did not know that, thank you

Public domain:, if I sell a system, and have the responsibility to serve it, I will not make a user account fot the customer.

If that screen is in the presence of customers as a showcase, it is not building confidence with a "upgrade now screen. Windows 10 update s when you are presenting, is always gets attention :-)