Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
Luc23

Automation of underfloor (water) heating

Question

After looking around on the net and not being able to find definite answers I decided to join the forum and ask (some silly questions) some of you experts.

I’m in the design stages of the automation system in our new build house and I have my heart set on the Fibaro system. I’m looking to install HC2 to connect, amongs other switches, various motion sensors and hoping that I can use the temperature readings to control zonal heating.

I’ve got 2 pumps supplying 2 distributors for underfloor heating (one for each level); 4 zones upstairs controlled trough actuators and 3 zones downstairs controlled again trough actuators. 

What else do I need (or can it be done?) to be able to control the heating without installing a thermostat in each room?

In a classic system there is a thermostat (wired or wireless) that tells the Combi boiler to start heating.... As I have different zones to be controlled separately does the boiler need to be something special or can work with any?

I appreciate all the help that I could get at this stage.

2 answers to this question

Hardware wise you may want to check out a couple of these to connect to your actuators, (page in Norwegian, but text mainly in English):

Please login or register to see this link.

Your question about motion sensors, or other devices that provide temp readings, and thermostats opens up a discussion of its own. Others may be able to expand on this.

As to your question about the boiler control, pls ad a drawing/pic of your system.

• Inquirer
  • 11 hours ago, 1152 said:

Hardware wise you may want to check out a couple of these to connect to your actuators, (page in Norwegian, but text mainly in English):

Thanks for this suggestion. I’ve seen this DIN regulators but suppose I need 2 of those (for each distributor on each floor) and was looking for something smaller. Could I do it with Fibaro double switches? 

11 hours ago, 1152 said:

Your question about motion sensors, or other devices that provide temp readings, and thermostats opens up a discussion of its own. Others may be able to expand on this.

Are there issues with them controlling heating !?

I don’t like the idea of having thermostats in each room (and certainly not wired one). What other options do I have? 

11 hours ago, 1152 said:

As to your question about the boiler control, pls ad a drawing/pic of your system.

As I mentioned the whole system is in the planning stage so I haven’t got more details. Is only been suggested 2 pumps to help with the flow, one for each distributor. And the boiler will be a