Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro extendability

paulizwave

I recently bought HC2. My first priorities are energy monitoring (12 wall plugs) and some light switches,dimmers, relais.  

I also bought two AEOTEC Energy monitors (HEM) (one for Main electricity and one for solar energy) and I was able to import into the HC2.

However I see no way to make a panel to make an overview of the energy (total and solar and main) of the house. Also I miss some integrations usual found in domotica systems. eg Alexa integration, Bose, Somfy
My question: Is there a way to  extend HC2 with this functionality or do I need a system like "OPENHAB" and use the Fibaro only as a backend ? Or can I run Domoticz or Openhab on the hardware of Fibaro ?

thnx,

Paul

1 hour ago, paulizwave said:

Alexa integration,

it is integrated, 

Please login or register to see this link.

Bose

Bose have at least 25 kinds of systems, so depending on system you will have to wait a bit for official implementation (Bose Touch is being right now tested), use a VD (just use search) or use e.g. Global cache Itach to control over network (to IR).

Somfy

somfy rts? sure, but not directly, as above there are existing implementations using raspi or 433MHz transmitter or you can use TaHoma with some hacks.

The simplest way, and believe me, the best, is just remote and Fibaro Relais -> 

Or can I run Domoticz or Openhab on the hardware of Fibaro ?

oh well, the hardware belongs to you, so if you don't care about manufacturer warranty you can run windows on it.

Edited by tinman

• Topic Author
  • you understand: I need customized panels to summarize and to have a clear view on the home. E.g. for the energy summary view: solar and main electricity and via the wall plugs the biggest consumers. If not available I want to program it myself. And then I noticed how closed HC2 is to have extensions and integrations available nor a framework. I know via the REST API I can make things but I need another hardware host plaform (e.g. Raspberry PI) to run these.

Read the descriptions of the categories:

Forum

Do you have a suggestions about the Forum? Any comments about the Forum? This is the place!

Your thread does not belong to the category.