Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Envisalink Plugin – Improvements

Francois Smuts

The existing Envisalink plugin is 80% there to create a simple Virtual Device for control and status monitoring of DSC and Honeywell (Ademco) Security Systems.  All that’s required is to sort a few bugs and add some basic device options for Partitions and Zones.

Device Options required: 

1)      Partitions and Zones hide option.

2)      Zone Sensor Type selection option such as Motion, Window and Door (zones are currently fixed as Motion Sensors).

3)      Option to change Zone icons.

Bugs:

1)      Partitions arm() actions does not work.

2)      Partitions disarm() actions does not work.

3)      Partition “ready” property does not work.

4)      Partition “entryTime” property does not work.

Additional feature required:

1)      Partition armed property require additional parameters to reflect “Stay” and “Night” arming modes (current: “0” = Disarmed & “1” = Armed).

2)      Zone bypass() action to be added.

3)      Zone bypass status property to be added.

4)      Control of Alarm system’s outputs (PGMs) with controlled device type association such as with Z-wave switches.

5)      Sending of a Command string, consisting of a combination of the panel’s kepad keystrokes, to simulate user control.

Edited by Francois Smuts

The envisalink plugin quality is the reason I wrote 

Please login or register to see this link.

//Peo

• Topic Author
  • HC2_DSCengine, an innovative response to overcoming the current Envisalink plugin issues, well done...

I must admit, I still prefer the Envisalink Plugin because device/zone status displays in rooms are inline with Z-wave motion detectors.  

I do however suggest that Fibaro looks at DSCengine in order to improve on the Envisalink plugin as all the hard work has been done for them.

The question, is what will it take to motivate Fibaro to improve on the existing Envisalink plugin.  For most Fibaro installers/users it would be is easier to create VDs based on plugins, than having to code a complete virtual interface in LUA.

PS - For those interested in the DSC PowerSeries Neo with its TL280 IP communicator, well a plugin would be the only option from DSC's (Tyco) perspective.  Access to the relative IP protocol come with a nondisclosure agreement.

Hi

I must admit, I still prefer the Envisalink Plugin because device/zone status displays in rooms are inline with Z-wave motion detectors.

I think of autocreate a sub device for each zone/sensor to show breach/restore status. This is a feature request I have received... A VD that changes icon on it or so. I don´t know how yet... In this case it could be moved to the correct room in HC2 gui.  However... you could to this yourself as the DSCengine updates global variables when breach and restore.

If you only care for the green/red breach status you should use the envisalink plugin. Today the DSCengine has this as well, but in one device (the presenter device). If you want to be able to actually "use" your DSC alarm with the HC2, the DSCengine is the way to go. I created it because the envisalink plugin has no features and also don´t know the difference between a zone and a partition, i.e created without any knowledge about alarm systems.

PS

I actually asked Fibaro if I could create a better plugin for the envisalink for free. But they said it was not possible at this time. That motivated me to create the DSCengine with the tools I had available in the HC2.

/Peo

• Topic Author
  • You have done a great job with DSCengine, we use it in demo room... however at my house I use the Envisalink plugin

• Topic Author
  • Just checked, our demo room is still on ver 3.2... 

--[[
    Name:     HC2_DSCengine
    Date:     2018-03-11 19:12 CET
    Author:   Per-Olov Sjoholm
    E-mail:  

Please login or register to see this link.

--]]
    DSCengine_version = "3.2"