Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roomba 690 and HC2

Mist

Question

Hi All,

We recently purchased a Roomba 690 (with built in WiFi) and I went with the iRobot brand specifically as its listed on the home page of the Fibaro website as a one of the device thats compatible with the Fibaro system. 

Please login or register to see this link.

I've been through the available Add-ons on my HC2 as well as searching both these forums and the internet with no answers.

Is there something I'm missing? 

Thanks,

Mist

4 answers to this question

I don't think there is any buildin support for the Roomba.

I think the homepage is old where Fibaro had the wish to support it.

I also was planning to buy a robot vacuum cleaner and looking for an older model of the Roomba so I could use Roowifi.

But since last OS update 4.510 there is a Samsung plugin for all (Samsung) wifi connected devices.

So I decided to go for the Samsung (VR20K9350WK/EN) and tbh its simply brilliant. Its a beast!

My advice (for what its worth), send back the Roomba and buy a Samsung ;-)

Hi i’m not at home and can’t do extensive surch but i remember well having seen a vd allowing driving a roomba. Have a look in the forum just type roomba and you’ll find many threads deallîg with that.

• Inquirer
  • Wow, that's really bad from Fibaro's part. 

Most of the information I found about controlling Roomba's on this forum are out dated as it appears to be for the older v2 firmware. 

Ours came out of the box with version 3 and also from what I've read, iRobot has completely changed the API between v2 and v3.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

I’ve been considering buying a robot vacuum, but all I can find as far as “best robot vacuums for 2018” is reviews on products that came out years ago.

I’ve seen Countless top tens and best seller lists with the roomba 980 and neatly

Please login or register to see this link.

as the current best in robotic vacuum cleaners (both were released in 2015.)

Has it really been that long since irobot, neato, or Samsung made a new robot vacuum model? Does anyone have info on more current products or who are the best active robot vacuum manufacturers in 2017?

I want to buy a robotic vacuum (and possibly mop) that has the latest technology, preferably one that came out within the last year.

If there are any recent robotic vacuum consumers I’d love to hear from you. Any product suggestions/reviews would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance fellow robot readers