Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home Notifier

Ros

Question

Hi!

What is the easiest way to push text notifications from Fibaro to be announced via GH? Any practical experience? Anyone?

I have multiple minis at home, so it would be ideal to be able to select specific device(s) to push the notification to.

Thanks!

Ros

Edited by Ros

8 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Ros said:

Hi!

What is the easiest way to push text notifications from Fibaro to be announced via GH? Any practical experience? Anyone?

I have multiple minis at home, so it would be ideal to be able to select specific device(s) to push the notification to.

Thanks!

Ros

I used Nodered and MQTT from the following. It works with a 10 sec delay (max), I used for non time critical announcements. Right now my flow is a mess because I try to build a VD to manage communication and add the ability of multi-language using topic section and switches on nodered.

If you are a little bit familiar with Nodered and own a raspberry oriented solution, I suggest to give it a try. In my case, I'm not a coder, very limited knowledge of nodered but I found it very usefull

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • thanks! mmmm.... I do not have a Node-RED in my setup, so would not be ideal to install the whole thing just for the notification purposes...

Are you using it just for the notifications?

Edited by Ros

No! I use it to control a usb LED (visual heartbeat of fibaro), wemo lights, to push messages to my LG webos TV. As I told, I'm not a coder so it takes ages for me to build even the smallest  interface :)

@Ros in the fact of absent native MQTT server in Fibaro, more and more users start to use Node-Red as platform for HA without development LUA scripts in HC2. Also fact what HC2 after some updates works not like a charm (I am talking about VD/ Scenes - strange trap with timer issues, API not found errors without internet connection etc) I started to port my VD and Scenes to Node-Red flow. So, HC2 now just keeper for devices + source for any device events.

2 minutes ago, korniza said:

coder so it takes ages for me to build even the smallest  interfac

Yes! Node-Red have a nice UI builder... and unlike HC2 magic scene builder can be extend with community plugins nodes. It’s really cools thing.

[sarcastic mode on] I think Fibar will sell Fibaro HC and as a gift should provide a raspberry pi with pre-installed nodered [sarcastic mode off]

@10der do you have any google-notifier node-red that you like to share? It takes for me ages and flow is a mess!

:( I am iOS user and haven’t googles devices at home except one device MI phone my middle dau;)

Edited by 10der

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by 10der