Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yet Another lastWorkingRoute visualiser

10der

Question

Please stop forcing the use this app!

Edited by 10der
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• Inquirer
  • 1) actually Fibaro routing what persisted in devices wrong

2) sometime struck 

3) sometimes leave old deleted nodes

4) fooling you ;) 

only zniffer can show true route path and open your eyes 

alas

On 9/2/2018 at 1:20 PM, 10der said:

Hello. Could you please tell me where can I find and download index.html ?

On 9/2/2018 at 1:20 PM, 10der said:

@RH_Dreambox Hi!

a have updated html code.

now you do not need any php.

but you should get manually devices.json and rooms.json.

simply save this requests and put with index.html

http://192.168.1.36/api/rooms

http://192.168.1.36/api/devices

where 192.168.1.36 HC2 ipAddress 

Please login or register to see this image.

I have a HC3, with just a few devices so far.

I have the json files , I have the index.html and a running webserver.

but I get an error in the browser console

index.html:173 Uncaught TypeError: routes.reverse is not a function

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi all,

Since a few weeks I noticed that more and more devices turn to be sleeping (or even dead). They don't respond, or very slow, sometimes after 10 sec or a minute. Scenes don't work anymore. Now most devices are sleeping.

Maybe it started with construction work in my kitchen, and with removing some smart contacts because the lights didn't want to go out. Including new devices seems to be impossible.

Searching this forum I found this topic and hopefully it will lead me to a solution.

I found @petergebruers script RoutingCheck and run it, looks devastating (put it in an excel file, see attachment).

I tried to refresh MESH, for the entire network as wel as specific devices. Nothing happened.

Now I don't know where to start. Excluding en re-including seems to be a long way, moreover, as I cannot include new devices now I'm afraid this will make things worse. How to identify the cause?

Hope someone can help. (my system is HC2, about 50 devices)

5 hours ago, ErnstH said:

Hi all,

Since a few weeks I noticed that more and more devices turn to be sleeping (or even dead). They don't respond, or very slow, sometimes after 10 sec or a minute. Scenes don't work anymore. Now most devices are sleeping.

Maybe it started with construction work in my kitchen, and with removing some smart contacts because the lights didn't want to go out. Including new devices seems to be impossible.

Searching this forum I found this topic and hopefully it will lead me to a solution.

I found @petergebruers script RoutingCheck and run it, looks devastating (put it in an excel file, see attachment).

I tried to refresh MESH, for the entire network as wel as specific devices. Nothing happened.

Now I don't know where to start. Excluding en re-including seems to be a long way, moreover, as I cannot include new devices now I'm afraid this will make things worse. How to identify the cause?

Hope someone can help. (my system is HC2, about 50 devices)

Have you tried to remove your homecenter from power? Have you tried to reinstall a working backup?

7 hours ago, ErnstH said:

If all devices suddenly seem slow or unresponsive you might be one of those VERY RARE cases of "broken antenna" on HC3, but it it not high on my list of possible issues.

You might also have a "rogue" devices transmitting as fast as possible, this can happen if you set certain parameters to 0 on some devices, I'll post a link below.

tried to refresh MESH, for the entire network as wel as specific devices. Nothing happened.

Not being able to start a "neighbor update" on any node fits both possible causes I've mentioned

Apart from the fact that you cannot update the mesh, the data does not look bad. Also, Z-Wave routing might not work the way think it does.

To diagnose your issue you probably need a Zniffer but you can try a few things to reduce traffic. This post will talk about that and Zniffer.

If you want to understand what "mesh update" does and why you need Zniffer I can recommend this topic.  I do not want to underestimate you, but I have to warn you that it is pretty geeky stuff. But I have to mention it because you might think "why is the data I got in that XLS file not enough to diagnose the issue?".

What you could do (I have suggested this before and it worked) to see if your HCx is working fine... Take your HCx plus a few mains operated device somewhere else, family or friends. If you get sufficient range, few delays an can do "mesh update" on some devices then you know the cause of the problem is not the HCx

Alternatively, you could contact an installer and ask if he can "Znif" your network.

• Thanks 1

thanks for your swift replies, sorry for my late reaction. I studied your responses, finally an installer remotely changed some things, re-routed some devices (don't know how he did - can I do that myself too?).

Then it was better: I could include devices again, and most devices were responding again, and quick, though not all. It frustrated me (and still does) and I left it for a while.

since last week, the problems seem to return: slow or not responding devices, some are more dead than alive, and inclusion is barely possible. I ran PeterGebruers' script again and to my surprise, in contrast to some weeks ago, all seems well, for all devices only report status OK (see attachment).

So, what's going on?

Now I started to add lines with sleep instructions, hope that will help. Is this useful also when the command is to put on lamp1 and then lamp2? A short sleep of 100ms in between?

I haven't taken my HC2 to friend or family, seems quite a lot of work.

I am wondering, I have several time-triggered scenes, that actually all run together, until each finds its trigger moment. Isn't it wise to compile all these to one scene?

An about that zniffer, I googled it but I couldn't find it, what do I need to buy for it (probably somewhere else on this forum).

Once I hoped and expected fibaro would make life easier...?

1 hour ago, ErnstH said:

An about that zniffer, I googled it but I couldn't find it, what do I need to buy for it (probably somewhere else on this forum).

Here you go,

On advice of @petergebruers, I bougt a silab UZB 3 device.

After flashing, with zniffer software and sniffing in my network I saw some device who generated a lot of traffic. example wallplugs with some setting to "0", that would imply that no messages should be send, but the opposite was true.

So after a while my network got stable,  "energy consumption" wast the only thing I had to regularly to reset. This was on my HCL.

Know I'm on HC3 without problems of the energy consumption.

Edited by Flash

Thanks, found it (more precise, the products are here:

Please login or register to see this link.

25$ is not too expensive, so I'll give it a try. Googling for ACC-UZB3 I found that these can be bought at several sites.

In the meantime I'll rewrite some scenes adding sleep for 100ms.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ErnstH said:

I found that these can be bought at several sites

Bought them at digikey.nl.

I purchased the ACC-UZB3-E-STA and ACC-UZB3-E-BRG version, and some small stuff to get free delivery. ?

Flashed the BRG version with the zniffer software, and the STA I use to update ota firmware for non fibaro devices.

Make sure you buy the right frequency, otherwise they are useless.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flash said:

buy the right frequency

Where do I find the frequency of my system?

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, ErnstH said:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_08/image.png.26b239d3c9a47778a76a193c1b778a2c.png" />

I hope you also as for me living in EU :

Z-Wave uses the Part 15 unlicensed industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) band. It operates at 868.42 MHz in Europe

4 minutes ago, ErnstH said:

U    United States 908 MHz

E    Europe 868 MHz

H    Asia 920 MHz

Please login or register to see this link.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:08 AM, decocs said:

I have a HC3, with just a few devices so far.

I have the json files , I have the index.html and a running webserver.

but I get an error in the browser console

index.html:173 Uncaught TypeError: routes.reverse is not a function

@decocs

I have managed to work out the required changes for the HC3, 

find the line 

var routes = $.parseJSON(dev.properties.lastWorkingRoute);

and change to

var routes = dev.properties.lastWorkingRoute;

the way the HC3 returns the data is already an Array, so no need to parse the JSON

Sorry, but I would just do it :-)

jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2 Failed to load file:///E:/Fibaro/Fibaro%20route/load.php: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.
    send @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
    jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2 Failed to load file:///E:/Fibaro/Fibaro%20route/devices.json?format=json: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https.