Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hi from Austria!

Guest Tango.Oscar.Mike

Guest Tango.Oscar.Mike

Hello everybody!

Pretty international community here! I like that! Just recently switched from a Zipabox to Fibaro HC2 and have everything up and running - more or less ;)

Although I do not have too many devices in our house - mostly blinds and lights, I have to say I am a bit disappointing by the block programming of the HC2 -Zipato is much more powerful - it at least gives you also an "else" command and allows you for additional checks (eg blind position) even within the "then" area before you "really do" something. I would prefer that simple block programming, since I prefer to invest my time in other things than programming. Even though it is fun making our home smart!

I have a background of electrical engineering (working in sales - meaning not too technical after all that years) with programming experience from many years back; so I understand the basics, but LUA is really something different I have to say. For now I rely on block diagrams and the many wonderful LUA scripts you guys already made! I can not say how thankful I am for all these - saves me a ton of time and hopefully even the necessity to learn the whole LUA stuff. :) 

Please be prepared for many stupid questions coming! ;D

Tom